Two are better than one!

If there’s one thing that can be “blamed” for my ever-increasing love of weird aircraft models, it’s the crazy world of “Luft ‘46”. I LOVE concept aircraft, especially those churned out on the napkins and lunchroom tables of the final days of Nazi Germany! There was no real end to the ideas those engineers and designers were willing to consider, and there weren’t apparently any rules as to what should and shouldn’t be tried.

With a situation like that, it doesn’t take much to really fire up my imagination, and often I find myself MAKING UP my own Luft ’46 creations instead of going with more “mainstream” and “legit” options, of which there are quite a few! To that end, I thought the following:

If a Mustang was good, and they made a Twin Mustang, then it stands to reason that since the FW-190 D9 was good, there really should have been a twin of that! Thus, another one of my forays into the dark reaches of my imagination began. The result is the FW-380; check it out and let me know what you think. I always love input, especially on my Luft ’46 creations!

FW-380, the Twin FW-190

fw-380_1.jpg?w=640

Edited by Faust

Horrible thing to do to a pretty airplane, but interesting concept, carried out nicely. For strength, and better control, I'd like to have seen a P-38 style center stabilizer, and elevator, with counter balances, of course.

LOL! I agree, the 190 is indeed a very pretty airplane, but this isn't as bad as it could have been! :)

I agree with the centre stabilizer, I think it would be far stronger. However, we know from some of their Landing Gear that Germans weren't always up on the level on structural strenght, so I thought this approach was just as "logical" for them. On that note, it also allows me to display it with a Gundam with one foot standing between the rear fuselages, so it is definitely helpful for display purposes. I didn't intend that, but it's a happy coincidence!

I also didn't want it to look too much like a ripoff of an F-82.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!