Trumpeter 1:32 A-7E Corsair II

Hi guys, thanks for your kind comments. I was still obsessing about that gun fairing. I corrected the plug's shape especially that little area in front.

I'd let it go, but I was losing sleep over it so I thought I might as well feed the obsession.

1zgU7T1.jpg

W50fOWw.jpg

Used some dymo tape and filed the trough.

6ev1UbL.jpg

Peeled off the dymo and sanded down the sides flush.

syyyhWZ.jpg

The edges are nice and sharp but I'll have to fillet them a tad.

CmHmTQt.jpg

LVlERgB.jpg

EdGcRok.jpg

Z3x5nIR.jpg

DUCWpEO.jpg

iHMB3zO.jpg

Took various shots to make sure that the shape of the fairing is as it should be from all angles.

en8rjx0.jpg

FmqIKx2.jpg

YnZZbqN.jpg

The fairing should appear like this from this angle, where it looks widest. I'm really happy the way it turned out and I believe I can let it rest at this

point. All it requires now is filleting the fairing edges with putty so that it merges nicely with the panel. I promise not to post any more blister

panel progress shots, except maybe a shot of two after puttying and feathering the fairing edges : )

0gUY91f.jpg

Now I'm ready to fix the ejection seat inspection glass.

Hi Joel, falcon50driver, thanks for dropping by! Hi John -- I'll see about the canoe. I'm sure I can do something about it.

bTnp6aul.jpg?1

I was looking for a 1/32 US Navy pilot and got this one from PJ Productions -- an 80's-90's one (I guess you could call that the Tom Cruise era).

Does anyone know if this is OK for a Vietnam-era pilot or is there a lot that needs to be modified?

gLGa4Xdl.jpg?1

Test-fitted the head and arms. I may need to file the seat a little so he can sink into the cushion. The stick is actually lifted off the floor

because I had to fit it into his right hand. I'll have to adjust his grip.

Edited by crackerjazz

8QJjTp0.jpg

My hard disk failed the other day and I'm feeling down in the dumps as my documents couldn't be recovered except for a few that were on the desktop.

Worked on the pilot today. I had to cut off the left forearm to be able to twist it to a different position.

aLZYQ3Y.jpg

gr9CVke.jpg

ioTtgag.jpg

Backdated the helmet to a Vietnam era one by cutting off the U-shaped area.

SIni6cs.jpg

MEuasEY.jpg

Plekm9Z.jpg

I had to shave off a portion of the lumbar, backside and legs to make him sink a little into the cushion. Test-fitted into the fuselage.

aq1Sb7r.jpg

Crackerjazz,

That's really sucks about your HD. It's one of the reasons that I back up everything on a semi regular basis on a external drive. For less the $100 I've got some piece of mind. Never cared much for cloud storage, rather keep everything close at hand.

Joel

Yeah that's true, Joel. I've always been postponing it for "tomorrow" -- and tomorrow just never comes. I learned my lesson well.

Hi John, working on the rear ECM pod now. Shape needs correction as you mentioned. Thanks for the measurements. I noticed they are

shaped differently for the A7-B and A7-E. But the kit's canoe part doesn't really depict any of the two.

V9UBhc3l.jpg

s2CVeSsl.jpg

pSdQCz7l.jpg

fGukINMl.jpg

e0rGVZpl.jpg

iLXJnqTl.jpg

IfbaVlnl.jpg

RqrA6Vil.jpg

7rlTgGjl.jpg

Edited by crackerjazz

HI Turecki, glad you like what you're seeing so far :) Hi Mike, thanks. The model's ECM pod isn't shaped quite right. John helped me with measurements

from the real plane.

h9IIWam.jpg

Printed the profile on a piece of paper and glued onto styrene with some Easy-tac.

Nxtk4cE.jpg

Cut out the shape and peeled off the paper.

nBNJaiU.jpg

oHPKGVF.jpg

Filled the spaces with apoxie sculpt.

XGTo5pa.jpg

FWhBslo.jpg

Sanding to shape. Side by side with the kit part.