Trumpeter 1:32 A-7E Corsair II

Hi John, thanks for the chaff dispenser boxes. Hey, Karl, certainly - do you have plans on building yours soon?

S9gy0kU.jpg

Attempted to make the eight-ball.

GIdcW7Z.jpg

I concede defeat -- it's too small for me to paint the lines properly. My eyes cross and then go blurry. Attempted several times

--- same thing. Maybe I'll try to figure out another way to do it.

i have started to gather pics and piled up all the reference i bought for my E build. combat pics of A/B models are sparse.

some here (this site is very nice):

http://www.millionmonkeytheater.com/ForgottenJets.html

havent got a kit now, i just wait for the right opportunity.

here is my E build (your job is way better):

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=26035&hl=

Edited by karl h

Hi Karl -- man, your build thread is a treasure chest! You just made my day! I'll be reading it from start to finish -- thanks for sharing. Hey I gotta hit you up about the exhaust section. That's some awesome work you did!

Edited by crackerjazz

Crackerjazz,

Rather then trying to paint the spaces between the instruments, which at least for me turns out to be a disaster in neatness, I apply a wash of enamel paint, then wipe it off the face of the IP. I repeat this until the color intensity is what I'm looking for. Just takes time, but turns out perfectly.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Thanks, Joel! Hey Mike, I hope you find time soon -- looking forward to your build!

YZ799PS.jpg

For the attitude indicator I ended up just painting the ball white and just relying on the markings on the acetate because try

as I might, I couldn't paint the lines on the ball fine enough. Also glued on some knobs for the radarscope but they seemed too

big. So I had to detach them again and used rods of smaller diameter.

2Y3Ytci.jpg

They look better here. I'll have to repaint the glue marks. Hi John, what is the right color for the map display in flight? I

know I'll have to change it. From the photos I see it looked grayish on the ground but I'm guessing it's green when active? I'm

not too sure either about the radarscope.

By the way, does anyone have a copy of the Aires A7 cockpit instructions, or know where I could find one online? I lost mine and couldn't seem to find it. I've also tried looking online to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by crackerjazz

Joe, during flight the PMDS (map display) always showed a map corresponding to your course. The best thing to do is to minimize a map tone down the colors, the contrast i mean, as much as you can for the scale and glue it from back. As for the radar scope if no terrain targets black, you could only see the sweep and its little ''history'' i hope you can understand what i mean. If there was a target then the target was white. Also you could barely see the lines on the scope, i thing you should tone them down to minimum if you can!

John

P.S. As for the Aires A7 cockpit instructions when i get home i will take a photo and send them to you, ok?

CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!

Edited by zaxos345

5uWnILR.jpg

Drilled holes for the toggle switches.

QwTrpaL.jpg

Cut up some guitar strings and bent them in the down position.

HVAxPls.jpg

Made way for the 8-ball.

RQ1mY95.jpg

GrmajmE.jpg

Glued the 8-ball in.

h0P3AcA.jpg

Test fit.

u5uEEUe.jpg

Next up -- the map and radar scope.

1dD2ph5.jpg

Hi John, would something like this work for the map? I tried to print it but the resolution isn't that great. Maybe I'll have to

paint one in instead. Thanks for the Aires instructions!

Edited by crackerjazz

Very nice Joe!!! You have to know that Aires has mix up the things a bit with the ejection seats. Unfortunately the Quickboost one in 1/32 scale as well as the wolfpack's are small are more accurate but small in scale and dont fill the available room of the Aires pit.

Here is what you are dealing with (if i am not mistaken) Escapac 1G-2 seat

http://www.ejectionsite.com/texans/ic2front.jpg

http://www.ejectionsite.com/texans/ig2.jpg

http://www.ejectionsite.com/kitsnstuff/rssk8_1.jpg

http://www.ejectionsite.com/kitsnstuff/rssk8_2.jpg

http://www.ejectionsite.com/kitsnstuff/nes12_1.jpg

Note:

- Under the right leg of the pilot the small gage, shows the psi in the emergency oxygen bottle. At the opposite side you can see a green ring which is the manual operation.

- The small, question mark style yellow handle that unlocks the survival kit (the RSSK-8E) in order the boat to be inflated

- When you see the seat from above you can see an inspection glass. It is depicted in Aires seat but you have to open the hole and put something semitransparent on top instead

- At the left side of the seat, looking forward, there is a hole, where the safety pin (RBF flag)was installed during ground ops

- Note the details on the parachute pack

- Finally note the 2 green hoses(?) going out from the left side of the seat, communication ones, one attached to the cockpit, one connected to the pilot (see the link i sent you in a previous pm)

Thats all!!! Happy reading :P

John

Edited by zaxos345

Hi Karl, Joel, Steve -- thanks for the kind words! John -- great info, thanks! I have to look into that inspection port you mentioned on the top of the ejection seat. I was wondering what it was for -- I was ready to sand it down :) I'll try to look for more shots.

I was ready to sand it down. I'll try to look for more shots.

But you have to sand it, the inspection glass was at the same level as the surrounding one. Then open a hole and put a semitransparent glass!!

If you find any photo please share, i was not able to find any!!

John

Hi John, thanks -- will be working on the seat tonight.

I might work on the gun area too.

WweNMg0.jpg

I couldn't recall where I got this photo, but it has the angle that I need to compare the profiles of the gun trough and fairing to the model's.

QIb6iuZ.jpg

The upper edge's teardrop shape is too pronounced. And the shape of the opening and the trough needs some modification.

fKIuHlG.jpg

Traced rough outline.

dkIodn8.jpg

Overlayed the outline. I'll see if I can rework this area somehow.

Edited by crackerjazz