.....people sign on and join forums such as this and NEVER post anything.. NOT even a 'that is nice ' or ' I like that' ..

what is the point of NEVER posting if you join.... :coolio:

just curious as there Are many members who never post but have joined ... :unsure:

HOLMES ;)

Edited by HOLMES

Some people post (a lot), some don’t. Different types of people. I visit ARC, Z5, ModelWarships, SteelNavy, Armorama, LSP, ML, and HS forums pretty much every day but rarely do post on any. For me I just prefer to browse, usually I have nothing to add, or just don't want to get involved. Personally I don't like posting the “that is nice” posts you mention as I don't like going through pages of replies like that.

I’ve joined some forums to be able to access to items on the forums that aren’t available unless you register – like trying to contact someone via email/PM, and some forums block images from displaying unless you’re registered. In those cases I have to join but I don’t have anything to add myself.

I usually wait until I have something informative to add to the conversation. There are a lot of people who know more than I do, so this is an opportunity to learn. And there are a whole lot of people who build a lot better than I do. So, I lurk and learn.

On ARC and Aeroscale I'm a regular poster and builder. Almost all of my builds are represented here through build threads, so I can share my adventures in Modeling. ARC is now my #1 site, while Aeroscale is now #2. I do belong to several other sites that I only access for reviews or specific information. I just don't have the time to be active on all the sites, or I'd never get any modeling done.

Joel

Jennings, you and that group you mention should be given credit as builders. Every decal sheet, resin part, Photo etch set, conversion kit, or short run model I own I think of as me buying something that one of you guys "built". I think the guys that chat with us on forums and write and sell books should be included in that group as well.

I have been doing the Scalemates stash thing the last couple of days. In the process of doing that, I have had my eyes opened to how many projects I would either not be able to do,,,or that would be very difficult or time consuming to do if I had to do every part of it all myself.

I don't think the "cottage industry" gets enough credit for the way they have expanded this hobby. It would be possible to "do it all" without them,,,,,,,,but, it sure would take longer.

YES I AM GUILTY OF THAT..I only built three all this time... :crying2:/>

And I imagine somebody of your lively character would produce a fun to read build thread. You're depriving us all of a good read, and yourself of what really is a fun hobby. Go on, try it

Still waiting for that Hunter build you talked about on my very first WIP :tease:

Ah yes I buffed it..sanded it..smoothed it... Began building it.... Then a ARC member from Canada made a plea for so e HAWKER HUNTER parts for his Hunter. :rolleyes:

It's almost , I think 7 years ago, so I told him I was building a Hunter but a little innocuous comment from someone made ME think CRIKEY!! So being a tad insulted and hurt :crying:

I told the gentleman from Canada he could have ALL of MY HUNTER;and although I had started it I sent it to this man, who I think was grateful....

But goodness he never signed on ever again and has never recontacted ME to say he'd finished his HUNTER..

But I didn't mind... :rofl:

So Aigore. That is what became of MY Hunter.... :whistle::tease:

HOLMES. :485c3a61:

Interesting.

I normally don't post. I do see your point though.

I think some forums won't let you see pics, or PM etc. without being a member.

Also, When forums have been up for a while there are those that have already formed relationships,

or have become the "regulars". A lot of the time I feel like I came to the party late, and I don't

wish to rehash things that have already been discussed.

Come to think of it though, I seem to talk a lot in real life...

Well, that's a little trip into my Psyche I wasn't ready for.

Thanks for that. :)/>

Oh and sometimes my humor gets lost between my head and the post.

Itsweird

Jester

Edited by DarkJester

Jester,

Unless you were a member when the forum was 1st started, the rest of us as you said "came to the party late". That certainly holds true for me. I started off slowly only offering my opinions on topics that I was comfortable with, as well as posting my builds in threads. Slowly, I became a more active member. I got to know many of the "regulars" and they got to know me, and the level of my model building. That's the fun of being a member. If most members just lurked, there wouldn't be much to read, observe, and learn from.

Joel

Ah yes I buffed it..sanded it..smoothed it... Began building it.... Then a ARC member from Canada made a plea for so e HAWKER HUNTER parts for his Hunter. :rolleyes:/>

It's almost , I think 7 years ago, so I told him I was building a Hunter but a little innocuous comment from someone made ME think CRIKEY!! So being a tad insulted and hurt :crying:/>

I told the gentleman from Canada he could have ALL of MY HUNTER;and although I had started it I sent it to this man, who I think was grateful....

But goodness he never signed on ever again and has never recontacted ME to say he'd finished his HUNTER..

But I didn't mind... :rofl:/>

So Aigore. That is what became of MY Hunter.... :whistle:/> :tease:/>

HOLMES. :485c3a61:/>

LoL now that was a Hunter that went far :P

Some very reasonable explanations and I appreciate the replies... :wave:

Aigore, yes once ONE is told that ONE is useless at something :explode: and especially you put your heart and soul into it to be torn down well it does put you off but I don't have time any way as I am always busy. :cop:

yep that MUST BE THE FURTHEST that HUNTER Flew... :smiley-transport006:

Aigore your Hunter did look AMAZING... :thumbsup2:

Jester,

Unless you were a member when the forum was 1st started, the rest of us as you said "came to the party late". That certainly holds true for me. I started off slowly only offering my opinions on topics that I was comfortable with, as well as posting my builds in threads. Slowly, I became a more active member. I got to know many of the "regulars" and they got to know me, and the level of my model building. That's the fun of being a member. If most members just lurked, there wouldn't be much to read, observe, and learn from.

Joel

I totally agree. I will make an effort to post more, and respond to things.

See, I already have! Twice.

Jester

I totally agree. I will make an effort to post more, and respond to things.

See, I already have! Twice.

Jester

Jester,

Congrats !!

And how about posting some pictures of your builds in the Display Case forum? It's really a lot of fun.

Joel

Now I'm up to 160 posts in 11 years here, and no better rates on the other sites I visit. I have learned a lot over the years on line, and contribute when needed. I have been able to help modelers along the way, and that's enough for me.

Bill

Edited by Bill Ficner