Meanwhile others have 1,000s of posts, but never seem to do any actual modeling <_</>

And often times, people of these type tend to always be the critical, negative types who want to point out what's wrong with everyone else's work, but won't dare share theirs.

And often times, people of these type tend to always be the critical, negative types who want to point out what's wrong with everyone else's work, but won't dare share theirs.

It'd be interesting to see some individual stats on one's number of posts vrs the number of kits someone built. I've probably posted around 20 of my builds here. Not a lot compared to the overall number of my posts but I build at a very slow rate. Probably only 2-3 kits per year.

scapilot,

Strange, but I've found just the opposite here. The major of posters have been for the most part very positive and supportive of the builds presented here. When they do point out a error, it's almost always in a positive manner, and usually accompanied by suggestion(s) on how to correct and or improve it. My builds have received posts like that, and I'm always appreciative that someone took the time to point our errors I made or missed. I honestly believe that those posts have contributed to my somewhat increased skills, and certainly has helped me raise the bar a notch or two.

The vast majority of those posters are some of the more advanced and prolific modelers on ARC. Members like Aigore, Falcon20driver,11bee, crackerjazz, ScottVA36, & chuck540z3, to name a few. They and the rest of the active contributors are what makes ARC the special modeling site it is.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

It'd be interesting to see some individual stats on one's number of posts vrs the number of kits someone built. I've probably posted around 20 of my builds here. Not a lot compared to the overall number of my posts but I build at a very slow rate. Probably only 2-3 kits per year.

11bee,

What I've seen over my few years here is that the core of active builders, are also the core of active and constructive posters. There are always exceptions, but for the most part ARC is a very active and progressive modeling site. Like you, I build at a snails pace, maybe 3-4 models per year. As my skills have improved, I spend much more time on each build. I do consider myself an active member, as well as an active poster.

Joel

WOW Gentlemen,

it is most interesting to read each of the post and to learn why certain folk post more than those that don't or have not..

keep it coming..as I am sure there are others who would like to impart their bit of information... your post are refreshing to read, thank you guys.... :coolio:

I have never really understood that whole "only builders should post" idea.

Some on here have a lot of finished models posted both in the forums and on the home page.

But, I need someone smarter than I to come along and tell me how this example would work.

I ask about a Skyraider detail. 4 guys answer in the first day that the thread is up. Now, why am I supposed to instantly believe Phantom's opinion more than the guy that has Skyraider books or the guy that has many online links for me to find my answer, or more than the guy that has one of each Skyraider model in his stash? How does having 257 Phantom models online give more weight when answering than those other three people? (sorry for using your nic for this, Phantom, but, all of your F-4s work as a perfect example,,,,you might be the most knowledgeable A-1 guy in the world)

No offense to any of the prolific posters of finished models, but, unless you have the variety of a Carmel, chances are pretty good that even a guy with lots of posted photos doesn't know the answer either. (not to mention that you can build 1,000 models and post every one of them online, and still not know the answers if you built them all OOB, with aftermarket decals as the only upgrades.)

:hmmm: I do build not as much and as well as some here, but I do get a build in once in a while and post piccies, I'm not too active in the In progress forum, I do like to tell others how I think they are doing, when I see a modeler doing a fantastic job on a build as many here do; I let them know it;,and encourage where and when needed. Mostly I ask a lot of questions, that some folks who don't post much are too bashful or not sure where to ask, and of course some that I need answers to. I don't like threads that start out with good intentions and somewhere, somehow devolve to a personal level of negativity. I know more than some, but less than others and help where and when I can. Starting a thread here is a crapshoot, you never know where it's gonna go once folks start talking, however nothing ventured nothing gained, I don't know if my last build is recent enough to still be seen :woot.gif: :lol: I start a lot, get a hang up and start another'ern, and my track record in GB's is shameful...my interest is way up there, but that's life.....I'll never quit and one day I'll finish a build for a Group build ON TIME!!! ;) . Edited by #1 Greywolf

I've posted a bit since joining the forum, but also since joining haven't finished a single model. However I don't critique, mostly because I'm not near as good as the most basic modeler on here. I offer imput if someone is asking and I happen to know. Eventually I'll post a finished build...some day.

Edited by tdogg

I enjoy posting here because all the fine folks at ARC help provide entertainment and a sense of community for when when I'm stuck in hotels at work. Also, I like to stop in and comment on builds because it makes me a better modeler to learn from everyone here. When I first started i didn't post much because of the FNG syndrome, but I quickly learnt how nice everyone was and that conversation and questions would help my building the most. Thanks everybody for the help and entertainment! And if your new, post away because we'd love to hear from you.

Falcon20driver..

may I ASK what is a FNG syndrome.... { Find Nothing Good Syndrome ? no idea what you mean } :coolio:/> :unsure:/>

Holmes, you certainly may. The "frigging' new guy" syndrome. Of course thats not normally the f word used, but we're in polite company. When I was first on the forum, and even now somewhat, I was hesitant to post things and comment because I felt that I couldn't remotely contribute the wonderful information that the more experienced members on here do. Heck, I'm still just a guy slapping plastic together and trying to figure out this wonderful hobby, but I can certainly say ARC is the only reason I've been able to learn what I have in the past few years.

Holmes, you certainly may. The "frigging' new guy" syndrome. Of course thats not normally the f word used, but we're in polite company. When I was first on the forum, and even now somewhat, I was hesitant to post things and comment because I felt that I couldn't remotely contribute the wonderful information that the more experienced members on here do. Heck, I'm still just a guy slapping plastic together and trying to figure out this wonderful hobby, but I can certainly say ARC is the only reason I've been able to learn what I have in the past few years.

THANK You for clearing that up for ME ..

I think you should not feel that you cant contribute as any tiny bit of information is useful ..even links and advice that you give here will be taken on board and used by that NEW GUY or even the seasoned modeller.

I take the prize for not knowing anything ...I ask the most weirdest questions of MY friends so don't worry.. just don't feel yo cant contribute because YOU CAN..

so enjoy fondling plastic and I will check your models as and when you post them either in Work in progress or in Ready for Inspection...

HAVE A good day

HOLMESY :thumbsup: