YELLOWED FUTURE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!&#3

Just here to pose the possibility of Future being photochemically reactive. After painting my sword t-38 in overall gloss white, I went back to look at it a couple hours later and noticed yellow blotches all over the paint!!!! I then checked the bottle (of future) and noticed a slight yellow tinge to it.

Now, my work station is exposed to direct sunlight during the morning hours, so I have to be sure to move all paint and painted parts to cover at night, but it is possible that the Future may have been left out.

Anyone else had problems with this?

Mine too yellowed only in this scenario: I applied a Decal and added some future with a brush in the area. Only the area was noticeably yellow, but nothng too serious. I sprayed then the entire model with Future and the stain remained. However, I flattened it with Testors Dull Coat and it yellowed just a bit, and then AGAIN another FUTURE coat and this time it did yellow (thanks to the Laquer dull coat underneath)

That's the ONLY way I see future yellowing

HTH

TAke Care

I'm not totally convinced that Future doesn't yellow. I have a bottle that I've had for several years, and there is a slight 'cloud' to it that looks a bit yellowish. I don't really use it anymore, but I've kept it around to see if it gets worse.

So, if it changes over several years in the bottle, why wouldn't it change on a model? Does the fact that it's cured/dried on the model mean that it won't change?

Murray

I'm not totally convinced that Future doesn't yellow. I have a bottle that I've had for several years, and there is a slight 'cloud' to it that looks a bit yellowish. I don't really use it anymore, but I've kept it around to see if it gets worse.

So, if it changes over several years in the bottle, why wouldn't it change on a model? Does the fact that it's cured/dried on the model mean that it won't change?

Murray

Neither am I, and the linked thread seems to have a 50/50 split as well.

I think it yellows.

Well if "Future" is left in bottle for yrs then yes it does turn bit yellowish!, i have a bottle that i bought couple yrs ago, i used it when it was new and now quater bottle is left and it has turned bit "yellowish" in the bottle!, so i'll say Future does yellow overtime...

Sam747

I've got a bottle that's around 12 years old, and the contents are **** yellow. But that's not my point. My point is, does no one remember what the first rule of Future is?

Never, ever, under any condition, are you to spray, brush, or dip said model in Future if it is painted white!!!!! Why? Because the odds of it not yellowing over white paint are about as good as flipping a quater, and having it land on it's edge. Why take the chance when the odds are not in your favor? Especially when there are gloss coats from PollyScale, Model Master, and Vallejo that do an excellent job, without the risk.

Why does it do it? I don't know. All I know is that it does do it, so why tempt fate?

Sorry folks,

I forgot to add an important item:

I squeeze the air out of the bottle, after using Future, to avoid oxidizing the product;

Keep away from light. I believe the UV radiation is the culprit.

It lasts longer, keeps the low viscosity and doesn't yellow.

HIH,

Flores

:lol: