JUST AN FYI.....

Best way to reduce the seam between wings and fuselage from previous experience is. 1) Do what you did, mask the edges around the seam and lay the putty down, sand it. 2) Upon sanding it, mask it again, spray tamiya primer a few thick layers, and sand it over the primer, and polish. From my experience on the F 15's that joint usually takes lots of putty, and as we know putty shrinks a little and absorbs some paint. There is no panel line in that area on the real F 15. The primer provides an additional layer of filling, which covers up the shrinking of the putty, and allows the paint not to be absorbed by the putty?

I hope that made sence, just my 2 cents......

Yuti Hul

Edited by yurihul

Ah; Girlie makeup + exhaust cans = weathered/discolored metal.

Is that correct?

Yup, looks like you got it :D

JUST AN FYI.....

Best way to reduce the seam between wings and fuselage from previous experience is. 1) Do what you did, mask the edges around the seam and lay the putty down, sand it. 2) Upon sanding it, mask it again, spray tamiya primer a few thick layers, and sand it over the primer, and polish. From my experience on the F 15's that joint usually takes lots of putty, and as we know putty shrinks a little and absorbs some paint. There is no panel line in that area on the real F 15. The primer provides an additional layer of filling, which covers up the shrinking of the putty, and allows the paint not to be absorbed by the putty?

I hope that made sence, just my 2 cents......

Yuti Hul

Thanx Yuti :D

Yeah I´ve dealt with those seams before....it takes some doing but eventualy with some elbow grease you get it done :)

Great work, really like that "pour and dump" method used on the intake trunking. I've never been able to find a satisfactory way to address the interior, I'll used this method on my next build.

Thanx 11bee :D

You go ahead and experiment a bit until you get a feel for it.

Man those look good! Although my wife won't believe me if I send her for some of those. Even if I could muster up enough courage to purchase one "for her" , the salesperson won't miss my red ears and expanding pupils.

Thanx crackerjazz :D

Well there aree always the internet shop option...delivered in neutral packages :P

This man's on fire!

Totally agreed! Aigore is always like that... "model mass productions"!!!

Hi Janne,

Many thanks for that!!!

I have the same camera and I haven't know how to use it...

About the F-15... well, you know... it's awesome!

Totally agreed! Aigore is always like that... "model mass productions"!!!

Hi Janne,

Many thanks for that!!!

I have the same camera and I haven't know how to use it...

About the F-15... well, you know... it's awesome!

Thanx José :D

LOL hope ya learn to use it :D

A miniscule update :P

I´ve been sanding and filling and filling and sanding.....and rescribing.

IMG_1664_zps68522122.jpg

And we have primer :D I polished the primer with 2000 grit adn 4000 grit sanding pads.

IMG_1665_zpsd389743c.jpg

Gonna have a look around if any more filling or sanding is needed and then it´s off to preshadeing :D

Cheers!

Aigore,

See you're almost up to where I am on the A-6E. Just finished painting the four pylons and all the bombs. Still need to gloss, then decal.

Joel

LOL, I'm in no hurry :)

Feels a bit like I'm in for making al those details and fine lines disappear with sanding pads....gee I'm tired of rescribing all the time :P

LOL, I'm in no hurry :)/>

Feels a bit like I'm in for making al those details and fine lines disappear with sanding pads....gee I'm tired of rescribing all the time :P/>

Aigore,

The one advantage of being blind in one eye, I hardly do any rescribing.

Joel

Excellent work as usual, Janne. Have a few Eagles in the stash so your tutorial will be invaluable when I get to them.

Rob

Thanx Rob :D

LOL, hope you´ll gain something from my idle blabberings :D

What? No further progress?!.. you´re getting slow, my friend. :-P

Oh there´s progress alright..just not enough to warrant an update :P sanding and filling is just so fun ....no need to spread the misery.

I´ll get going again when it´s time for paint.

No way! Are you serious?

crackerjazz,

Unfortunately yes. I'm legally blind in the left eye from Retina Edema. I have the disease in the right eye as well, but not where the lens focuses. I can see out of my left eye, it's just that the image looks like what you see in a fun mirror. It's so distorted that I can't read the Big E on the top of the E chart. Makes modeling quite interesting to say the least. One's brain does compensate so I see ok for general stuff. But there is really no up close depth perception, thus it's like hunting in the dark at times. Detail painting and PE work is a nightmare for me, but I try my best.

Joel

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that, Joel. But in spite of it your spirits are always up, you're sharing a lot of inspiring and helpful insights and, hot dang, the way you model like a regular pro - that makes you so amazing!

crackerjazz,

Thanks. I just moved past it, and try my best. Could be worse, so in a sense I'm lucky.

Joel

Wow Joel I was respectful about your modelling, now even more! chapeau!!

Thanks all for the concerns, but one good eye is way better then none. I've learned how to take short cuts, and I use a paint brush for detail work much like one would use a Cain. At times I actually very slowly feel for the part surface. And yes, I make as many goofs and as I do correct applications. I am once again looking at increasing the magnification of my Optivisor from #5 to a #7. That should be like moving up in scale from 1/48 to 1/32.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

It is still alive, no worries :D

...But I´ve been sick...the kid´s been sick...and they are sick again and I bet I´ll be sick again too :P

I mangaed to steal some time to myself and got on with the Eagle...

OK, it´s sanded and rescribed...heavy work for a Gawa I have to say :P

But I´m not complaining...I´m a modeller after all :D

IMG_1667_zpsc30ff22b.jpg

Put the small ailerons on...

IMG_1669_zpsab5d4ab6.jpg

Next for some shading! I begin with tracing the panellines roughly with Tamiya XF-67 german grey, I´ve stopped using black on the preshades...too much contrast specially when you´r painitn so thin coats as I am.

IMG_1670_zps40cc9116.jpg

And then I went for my squiggles. I make them to creat more depth and make the surface more interesting and alive.

IMG_1671_zpsc7490f90.jpg

IMG_1672_zpsdc0732ee.jpg

There...time to paint soon then :D

Cheers!