AFV Club F-5E Question -Any Difference In Editions?

I'm planning to acquire a 'sports compact' by AFV Club and wondered if there is any difference (apart from decals, weapons, etc.) between the various editions of this kit?

The one I'm looking at (and the only one I can find on sale right now!) is the ROCAF Tiger II (48S01) -is it possible to hack something more like this out of it with some aftermarket waterslides?

Any info much appreciated; thanks for looking!

Kit #48S02

The Chilean/Moroccan F-5E III Boxing has all the parts to do an early F-5E to the latest Chilean one.

Here is a link to a review with sprue shots. Aeroscale Review

Hope this helps.

Sprue shots of 48S01

Kit 48102 has the early nose and LEX sprue where it appears 48S01 has the Duckbill nose and Extended LEX sprue. SO the answer would be No you don't have the parts to do an early F-5E.

Edited by Emvar

Greatly obliged for the answers, gents. To be honest, this is what I half expected of the AFV design; Emvar -many thanks for the links!

I believe there are some a/m resin parts for an early nose + LEX, but as this is now gonna be a pretty expensive deal I'll need to give it some thought. At least now I know what to think about!

Greatly obliged for the answers, gents. To be honest, this is what I half expected of the AFV design; Emvar -many thanks for the links!

I believe there are some a/m resin parts for an early nose + LEX, but as this is now gonna be a pretty expensive deal I'll need to give it some thought. At least now I know what to think about!

Look for the Chilean/Moroccan kit. Both nose/LERX combos are inside in addition to the different IPs and console panels.

Mark

Look for the Chilean/Moroccan kit. Both nose/LERX combos are inside in addition to the different IPs and console panels.

Mark

Welcome advice, Mark.

OK, I've done the thinking bit -this could well be the answer, if I can track one down! I hate to admit that this is a 'second tier' project for me, so a lot of it is about what I can get for sensible money. I'll keep my good eye on eBay...

...DEAR GOD!!!

:jaw-dropping:

Edited by ChippyWho

Welcome advice, Mark.

OK, I've done the thinking bit -this could well be the answer, if I can track one down! I hate to admit that this is a 'second tier' project for me, so a lot of it is about what I can get for sensible money. I'll keep my good eye on eBay...

...DEAR GOD!!!

:jaw-dropping:/>

A less pricey option.

LINK HERE

Mark

I have the early F-5E boxing. If you want to swap the relative sprues or just trade kits I'm all for it. Just let me know.

A very nice offer, Fuji -many thanks. I had to make a decision, and gave up the ROCAF one: I'll try to talk my esteemed spouse into letting me have a one-box solution from Lucky Model. It's been a rather extravagant year kit-wise, and the un-checked expansion of my stash pile has strained her sympathies somewhat...