1/48 F/A-18E VFA-143 AG100

This is a truly beautiful build, the weathering is one of the most realistic efforts I have ever seen.

Since this is critique corner... my only critique would be the loadout, seems a little bit of a stretch to have a dummy Aim-9 with live A/G loads. On the rudders, seems to me that on Supers you can do whatever you want with them, they seem to point in all kinds of random directionsnwhen parked. :thumbsup:/>

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Simply one of the best Super Hornet's I've ever seen. Love the load out and the weathering in particular. You nailed it!

One question - what aircraft base did you use? Is is scratch-built or an aftermarket kit?? I'm building a Has. 1/48 "E" Super Hornet (VFA-25 CAG) and would love to have a realistic base to place its on. Yours is perhaps the most realistic I've seen.

Thanks,

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my only critique would be the loadout, seems a little bit of a stretch to have a dummy Aim-9 with live A/G loads.

Marcel

Actually, it's not a stretch at all as it is quite common during peacetime training operations, especially during CAX and WTI. The squadrons training requirements, as well as their FY NCEA (non-combat expenditure allocation) plays a part in determining what live ordnance gets expended. For many of the live ordnance training evolutions, CATM-9's are carried. I've also been a part of missile shoots (both in Hawaii and Key West), where live AIM-9 and AIM-7 were carried along with BDU-45 inert 500lb bombs.

Dave - Retired Marine Aviation Ordnance Dude