Vicon camera pod in 1:32 scale

Hi everybody ! I'm planning to convert an Italeri F-104 G in 1:32 scale into a CAF CF-104 of 439 Recce-Squadron while stationed in Germany in the sixties /seventies. Does anybody out there know, if a Vicon camera pod in 1:32 is available as an aftermarket product( perhaps in resin)? This recce pod was carried by the CF-104 on the centerline station.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

Peter,

I'm afraid there isn't any around in 32nd scale to date.

And I can only guess whether one of the "usual aftermarket suspects", DACO in particular, has any plans offering one.

Anyway, I'd suggest to contact Danny Coremans - daco@glo.be

They've got the CAD drawings, the VICON pod being one of the avaliable options of their latest 48th scale F-104 improvement set, AND started a range of 3D-printed accessories.

Theoretically speaking, why not carrying over parts of the improvement set, adopting them to both scale and kit, and offering them as an aftermarket supplement to the new Italeri kit?

Limited editions, custom printed solutions, etc. Just a mind game based on already existing options...

I'd say there's no harm in asking him.

Regards,

Erik