I have tried everything I can think of from resizing, changing extension, reducing colours, and am now down to just cursing at it.

I keep getting "has to be an image file." I have tried jpg, gif, bmp, and for the hell of it, png. Same response. It is less than 80x80 and under 20k.

-tantrums-

Help?

I just now uploaded the drastically resized and depthed photo to FB so I could put it here : 10616539_10205076326174921_728280344912811238_n.jpg?oh=792cf60064ae35c7884ffc6bf31e01f0&oe=54832D70&__gda__=1422285511_15639d317f33342532b277c46924f538

See it is now tiny and fugly pixelated but I could live with it if I could just figure out what the secret password is. Absurd to me that I can show it here from FB, of all places, but cannot upload it directly from my PC with the "choose file" option.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Edited by Clumber

Since the avatar change section has "Your image avatars

Upload a new image from your computer"

I thought it was a different security setting. It's decoying??

You can't upload photos to ARC directly from your computer, that option was disabled years ago.

I'd move a full res,reduced size image to your FB page, copy the image url, then paste it into your Avatar image drop down.

The key thing to look for is the [img/] brackets around your picture.

FB can be used the same way as Photo Bucket, and I think it's allot easier too.

Curt

Okay, I opened a photobucket account so I could use the photobucket instructions and viola. Our puppy, Prim, from our 6th Generation of our own breeding is now my avatar. I might play around more with higher def version.

THANKS ALL!

Yup - just south of Olympia!

1653346_10203450475729676_464855143_n.jpg?oh=e8881fb881ae5650f6ef8920a863f43d&oe=5492F6C2&__gda__=1419169517_2d4c55f7c8f661fcfc7aeb9f71400cf0

Funny thing about that photo - 3 days later I was admitted to hospital and held there for 4 days with antibiotic resistant pneumonia! LOVE the photo, rather hate the memory of what came after.. LOL

Beautiful doggie! AND you live in the PNW...*seethe, seethe...!!!*

Edited by Clumber
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

OK, I've tried all these things and no dice...resized, png, jpeg, jpg...did they just do away with the option all together?

Yup....uploading was stopped long ago after a couple of hacker attacks. Send me the image by PM or send me a URL for the image and I'll upload it for you.

Yup....uploading was stopped long ago after a couple of hacker attacks. Send me the image by PM or send me a URL for the image and I'll upload it for you.

Oh, no problem Steve. Thanks all the same. Was just wondering if I was doing something wrong or what. I'm fine without an avatar or pic.

Cheers!

Oh, no problem Steve. Thanks all the same. Was just wondering if I was doing something wrong or what. I'm fine without an avatar or pic.

Cheers!

I've added them for other people....it no big deal if you have one you really want added.

• 1 year later...

Hey Steve, my custom avatar no longer shows up ever since the forum change over, and there isn't an option to update the default avatar under profile settings.  How do people change their avatar nowadays, sending it to you?

• 1 year later...