This past 13 years of "war on terror" has likely been the first war in the history of mankind that one could come back having gained weight from eating too much.

Every chow hall (DFAC...?) I ever went into had a dessert line that would put a "Cheese Cake Factory" to shame, cheese burgers 24/7, soda, "energy" drinks, expresso...I can only imagine what the 3rd World contractors who ran these places thought or the Iraqi locals (contractors) that were allowed to come in and eat during their shifts.

Edited by 82Whitey51

1380463258.jpg

Oh come on fellas...it's Friday...that's just not right! Have mercy already.....fun is fun but I about lost a few good hours worth of beers after having eyes on the above pic......

:cheers:

JUST TOO FUNNY.... This thread has made ME giggle all morning ..

I think the link below shows the Royal Marines doing their warm up before the actual marching and running fitness thingy... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the guy in the front ..OMG !!! :blink: :blink:

This reminds me of an old study/article from 2009...

The All Blacks (a 'reasonably good' rugby team) are pretty much considered obese...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10585212

oh to be that obese!

The NFL is the same way. Elite Millionaire Athletes that are "obese" All the Crossfit games athletes are "overweight" by BMI standards.

julie-foucher-regionals-2012-1.jpg

Go be fat somewhere else, sweetheart

Like I said its arbitrary, Its a simple formula of height and weight.

YEP MARINES are fit....

:whistle:/>/>

I suck at boxing, doesn't mean i'm unfit. boxing is a skill set that requires fitness, but is not defined by it. Big strong men can be knocked out by pugilists with better reach, faster reflexes, and of course better skill. I wish being fitter translated to better skill, I would do push ups until I was chuck norris.

You guys win, the Marines are much more in shape than those fat soldiers.

60270_430701444335_6539986_n_zps76d5f46c.jpg

Show me your war face PVT Cupcake!!

Be curious to see the kid's range card and see how well he can move up a hill. My guess is, pretty darned fast.

Be curious to see the kid's range card and see how well he can move up a hill. My guess is, pretty darned fast.

Given that his body armor, weapon and ruck probably weigh as much as he does, I'm guessing maybe not so fast.

However, if that steely-eyed killah is your ideal Marine, more power to you!

Edited by 11bee

Hah! He kinda looks like me in boot camp, just less dorky looking. I was 135 pounds of lean, green, killing machine and I did kick butt on the obstacle course and shot second highest in the company. Unfortunately for me, first highest in the company was also in my platoon so I was only second there, too! I didn't have to hump a ruck much out on the flightline at El Toro fixing Phantom radars so it was all good.

Hmm, filter changes "a55" to "fool" but is okay with "butt"...

Edited by Grey Ghost 531

Given that his body armor, weapon and ruck probably weigh as much as he does, I'm guessing maybe not so fast.

However, if that steely-eyed killah is your ideal Marine, more power to you!

I was about his size in boot camp. I went from weighing about 150 to about 120, and I'm 6'0". Pneumonia does that to you. Still, when carrying my pack (between 70-80lbs depending on which supplies were left), rifle, armor, kevlar, and extra boots I still made better time than some of the bigger guys. And many hills there were.... the worst, called the Reaper, is actually a steep series of about 6 hills until you reach the summit. And that marks the end of 48 miles in 2.5 days. Four hours of sleep, a couple of boxing matches and 3 MREs later, I was just happy I didn't sign up to be a grunt.

I have no idea wtf Tomcat was thinking...

Edited by Exhausted