CD48056 - CAS F-16 Vipers

Thanks - so does the other side of the Falcons band look like A or B? The "HL" indeed is somewhat thinner, and the blue bands will be darker than they appear in the final draft. Thanks for the feedback - I will post a corrected drafts later today.

tmpFal.jpg

Done - thanks, folks. About 20 days from the initial suggestion to first draft (while also working on about a dozen other decal projects) was not bad - this should be available mid-November. This really was a collaborative effort from the very beginning - thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and references. We should do another project like this-I'm always open to suggestions. Meanwhile, I am off to shipping some orders and doing some research for the next project.

Edited by KursadA

I'm no font expert but the tail on the Shaw jet looks to have a different font than what you have. This is a crop of the photo in Lou Drendel's "Viper" book, credited to Norm Taylor. It also looks like the SW letters and TAC badge are not black but this may be due to the reflectivity of the different paint??? or could they be the same gray as the camo scheme???

eF7KIdk.jpg

Edited by habu2

I'm no font expert but the tail on the Shaw jet looks to have a different font than what you have. This is a crop of the photo in Lou Drendel's "Viper" book, credited to Norm Taylor. It also looks like the SW letters and TAC badge are not black but this may be due to the reflectivity of the different paint??? or could they be the same gray as the camo scheme???

This is a great photo, thanks for sharing. I will change the style of the letters to match. I think the tail markings are still black, I see similar reflectivity artifacts on other photos of CAS Vipers as well.

Also note the font leans "forward" on the right/stbd side in this photo, matching "A" in your post #26. I don't know if a photo of the port side exists but I would bet it matches "A" as well.

Also note the font leans "forward" on the right/stbd side in this photo, matching "A" in your post #26. I don't know if a photo of the port side exists but I would bet it matches "A" as well.

Agreed - I would have changed these soon during my lunch break, but I need to draw the letters by hand and I don't have my design tablet with me today. I will correct it tonight, but I need to wrap this up soon to meet the print deadline - otherwise it can't be a November release.

Edited by KursadA

Ed, all of those markings are correctly depicted on the sheet - "do not paint" are element no .S40 and the ejection seat triangles already have white lettering in them. It could be hard to see on a sheet image of that size.

Ed, all of those markings are correctly depicted on the sheet - "do not paint" are element no .S40 and the ejection seat triangles already have white lettering in them. It could be hard to see on a sheet image of that size.

Ya, I was pretty sure you got it right, I just didn't trust my old eyes. I'm super excited about this sheet, and knowing how responsive you've been, I thought I'd say something. Thanks!