What are you drinking?

I've gotten bold in my old age and have tried this stuff called dihydrogen monoxide, in a pure distilled form. It's clear and odorless but I hear it's pretty dangerous stuff. I'm only drinking a little bit at a time to start with - it's definitely an aquired taste. I've had trouble finding it in bars. Imported bottles are surprisingly expensive...

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

:monkeydance:

I've gotten bold in my old age and have tried this stuff called dihydrogen monoxide, in a pure distilled form. It's clear and odorless but I hear it's pretty dangerous stuff. I'm only drinking a little bit at a time to start with - it's definitely an aquired taste. I've had trouble finding it in bars. Imported bottles are surprisingly expensive...

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

That stuff can be lethal in high doses-- stay safe bro. :rofl:

Presently on portable IV antibiotics and was warned that mixing with alcohol would cause projectile vomiting so not tempting fate right now. Shame as we have an almost full bottle of Lambs dark Navy rum (151 proof/75.5%alcohol) just sitting in the cupboard doing nothing :(/>

Edited by RCAFFAN

Breaking out the good stuff to watch the Patriots triumph over Cincy tonight. I find a lot of Dogfish's beers are overpriced and are different just for the sake of being different. My standard is their 60 minute IPA but I also occasionally go for this beer.

IMG_6552_zps2a4c6564.jpg

Black & Blue is only sold in the big bottle ($14, 10% ABV) so I'll get about three glasses out of the bottle, which should be more than sufficient. Of course if the Pat's play like they did last week, I might have to break out another bottle.

Cheers!

PS, sorry for the orientation of the picture. I tried to rotate the picture, Photobucket sucks.

Edited by 11bee

Rarely these days do I drink even a beer, but over the last several years I've become addicted to coffee all day long, all year long. I grew up in New York city, and my parents always made Chock Full of Nuts coffee. So that's what I still drink to this day.

Joel

originalCan.jpg

• 5 months later...

I DO HEREBY RESURRECT THEE THREAD!

Twin City Liquors had a dollar day sale and I stocked up. You can detect all the standard college boy crap with a hint of maturity (lol). There're two types of Irish whiskey there, Knoppleberg Castle and Jameson Black.

I think I need to invest in some stones for sipping. Here I come Amazon!

CAM02272_zpsw8p17r5r.jpg

Breaking out the good stuff to watch the Patriots triumph over Cincy tonight. I find a lot of Dogfish's beers are overpriced and are different just for the sake of being different. My standard is their 60 minute IPA but I also occasionally go for this beer.

IMG_6552_zps2a4c6564.jpg

Black & Blue is only sold in the big bottle ($14, 10% ABV) so I'll get about three glasses out of the bottle, which should be more than sufficient. Of course if the Pat's play like they did last week, I might have to break out another bottle.

Cheers!

PS, sorry for the orientation of the picture. I tried to rotate the picture, Photobucket sucks.

My experience with Dogfish Head was with the 90-min brew a few years back. I seem to remember it being rather hoppy, like an IPA.

Where is Black and Blue in relation to 90-min?

Have you tried Delirium Nocturnum?

My experience with Dogfish Head was with the 90-min brew a few years back. I seem to remember it being rather hoppy, like an IPA.

Where is Black and Blue in relation to 90-min?

Have you tried Delirium Nocturnum?

90 minute is just too much for me, don't even ask for my opinion of their 120 minute IPA!! It seems like a lot of the craft brewers are simply trying to outdo each other on who can brew the biggest, baddest IPA. Many are pushing > 10% ABV. Way over the top IMO.

B&B is just an nice beer. It's got a slight blackberry / blueberry note but it's not overpowering.

Delirium rocks. The local brewpub I frequent gets it on tap maybe once/year. It's always on the must-drink list.

Now that we are (finally) getting into warmer weather, I'll be migrating away from my winter porters & stouts. My standard summer beer for swilling after a hard afternoon mowing the lawn is 21st Amendment's Bitter American. Easy to drink and on the lighter side of the spectrum alcohol-wise.

BEER

Bottled 55 litres of Czech Pilsener on Mon and filled my basement beer fridge. I go to a very good u-brew where they get professional results at 1/2 of what I would pay retail.

Cheers

Paul

Absinthe, primarily. I have 5 different Swiss and French absinthes in my cabinet right now. On special occasions, VEP chartreuse or one of the nicer wines in my stock (pulling a 1996 Chateau Beaumont out for a birthday dinner this weekend. I'm saving my 2000 Smith Haut-Lafitte for my 40th! ;) ).

But for the sort of everyday relax-after-work thing, if not a glass of one of my lower-end absinthes, it'll be a nice dry cider, and if just out clubbing with some friends, usually a gin and tonic.

If you live in the Northeast, there is a good chance you will be hoisting multiple pints of Guinness and/or drinking pitchers of crappy, green tinted beer with the lads at the local pub.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sláinte mhaith!

Ho...ly....SHiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I forgot that I have to get trashed today!!!

I checked that box years ago. Way too many amateurs out on a day like this. Makes for some great people watching (especially if you can make it up to the annual St Paddy's Day parade in South Boston, MA) but I'm opting out this year.

• 2 years later...

Given the holidays are upon us, figured I'd bring this old thread back to life.  Always looking for a new adult beverage.

I'm currently drinking my last growler of Gratzer, a 15th century Polish smoked ale (for lack of a better way to describe it).  Really unique taste, brewed by my local (and new favorite) brewery, Independent Fermentation, of Plymouth, MA.  They won't be brewing any more of this until Spring, so when that runs out, I'm back to my winter staples of various porters and stouts.   One favorite is 21st Amendment Hog Island Oyster Stout.   A bit out of the ordinary but it's a really good beer.  If I'm out for dinner, maybe a Dark and Stormy for a cocktail, night cap would be a shot of Baileys.

Cheers!

Edited by 11bee