1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Lack of references won't pose a problem for this build!

The kit looks awesome, although it surely would benefit from pilot figures for Han and Chewie, especially when Falcon just cries to be posed in flying position. I'll be building it pretty much OOB, although I'll probably remove some of the molded piping details on the surface and use wire instead.

001-22.jpg

Lack of references won't pose a problem for this build!

That's the problem with this GB, we all get caught up in viewing the "reference material" and forget about working on the models! :rolleyes: On that note, I think I need to go watch ESB again...

-Dave

Edited by 2qwik4u

The finished cockpit with two crappy photos. 1/144 scale pits seem to be out of range of my Nikkor lense... Or my abilities as a photographer. :D

Anyway, nothing dramatic here. Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, no pilot figures for the Mighty Chewbacca or our Corellian smuggler. The only "major" change here involved the rear seats, which got arm rests and the Martin-Baker -esque head rests. The levers on the instrument panel are broken drill bits. Some decals for the cockpit walls and IP would have been a good idea. Now all the details are just painted dots.

015-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

I've lately been dealing with the piping on the upper surface. Now most of the molded lines coming from various recesses have been substituted with metal wire and thin styrene rod, mostly with wire. Looks much more 3D if you ask me. I'll probably leave the bottom as it is.

001-23.jpg

Not so black anymore!

Retaining the black pre-shade coat isn't very easy with rattle can paints. I shot a coat of AS-16 as the main color. Looks pretty good to me as a color but some of the pre-shading was almost lost. Okay, I was a virgin when it comes to this technique and the photo makes it look worse, but I don't mind. Luckily Solo wasn't for bling bling and only rarely washed his bird. :)/> Post shading and weathering will correct things.

temporary.jpg

Edited by janman