NEW!! 1/48 F-16XL

Skunkmodel Workshop is related to Lucky Model and Kinetic is related to Lucky Model so Skunkmodel is related to Kinetic in some way.

When do we see pics of the hardware??

You mean a test shot ? Provided ordnance ?

From what I've read (Kinetic FB page), the kit is to be released around December. Not a very long wait.

Edited by Laurent

I am so happy to see this model in 1/48!

I cannot believe we have f-23 and now this.

Also, I know, I am like a broken record for people who are following this type of topics but I hope model companies can consider other experimental model jets, especially Su-47 and Mig 1.44. I would have bought both in a heart beat.

What F4 is that in the background?

It's one of the Air Force Test Pilot School birds (an F-4D). They had all the ex-Thunderbirds NF-4Es on the flight line as well, plus some NRF-4Cs in the same color scheme.

• 4 months later...

I want one. I've always liked the look of the XL. Maybe one day we'll have a 1/32. Jennings thanks for the blast from the past and making me feel old. I moved to Edwards four months after that pic was taken. I loved living there spent twelve years there.

Have another look at the picture, front ones are not really at the "root".

They are close enough to the "root", and whether they are exactly AT the root or slightly OUTBOARD of the root isn't the real issue now, is it? They are there, in recessed wells ala F-4/F-14, and said wells are not represented in the kit which had its pictures taken and uploaded on Cybermodeler.

I note that the starboard forward AMRAAM is shown peeking out from under the wing LE in the box art in the first post in this thread, though.

Edited by LanceB

Last time I checked you couldn't hang GBU-24s off a TER...

You can't, and I have never seen a LITENING pod on an XL either (and you wouldn't, as the LITENING only entered service in 1999, the same year NASA retired their XLs...), but hey - do a what-if or add the parts to your spares box. Although, if you were doing a what-if strike fighter ala F-15E, I think you would want a two-holer.