Airstrikes on Syria Have Commenced From the South

Looks like the Aussie Super's are about to enter the fight.. We also have C-17's,C-130J's , E-7A Wedgetail & KC-30 MRTT in support.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/09/photos-raaf-task-group-arrives-in-uae/

Brendon

Edited by Aussie_superbug

Looks like the Aussie Super's are about to enter the fight.. We also have C-17's,C-130J's , E-7A Wedgetail & KC-30 MRTT in support.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/09/photos-raaf-task-group-arrives-in-uae/

Brendon

Now that just about everybody else has sent fighters, my guess is that Canada will too very soon. We have 6 CF-18's buzzing the Ukraine border right now that don't scare the Russians one bit. Let's send them southeast and do some real good instead of playing war games we'll never win.

Correct, as well as the E-7's

Cool!... but what is an E-7? I love learning about new planes! :D :D :D

EDIT: OOoooooo a Southwest airliner! What does it do? Does the crew have to pay in advance to get advance boarding privileges? :lol:/>

Edited by Exhausted

Cool!... but what is an E-7? I love learning about new planes! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

EDIT: OOoooooo a Southwest airliner! What does it do? Does the crew have to pay in advance to get advance boarding privileges? laugh.gif/>

rofl.gif

It's basically an AWACS a/c for the Aussies.

We have 6 CF-18's buzzing the Ukraine border right now that don't scare the Russians one bit. Let's send them southeast and do some real good instead of playing war games we'll never win.

You don't have to drop bombs to do good. The last thing NATO should say to Russia is "we are distracted".

back to the original topic. I wish all of the servicemen involved Godspeed. More than that, I would like you to know that there are many around the world praying for you, routing for you. I In this day, we love to "hero worship" sports figures and celebrities who post obscene videos of themselves. I am sorry, but the term "hero" to my mind is only deserved by those who risk their lives so that average joes like me can sleep better at night. Any pilot flying over there must know that if they are downed, they wont be shown any mercy. I am glad to see America taking the lead on this. For all of its international mistakes in the last decade, its good to know that the US of A will still kick some serious arse when needed. Have we seen a regime as evil as ISIS since the Nazis or Khmer Rouge? And no I am not American. But I sure am glad that the world's most powerful nation, is America. Over and out.

For those who are interested,

RAAF deployed Super's are S/N: A41-205, -215,- 220, -219,- 224, -212,-213 & -209. are a mixture of 1 & 6 SQN aircaft

Just a correction, you must mean 'A44' as 'A41' are C-17s of course.

Now that just about everybody else has sent fighters, my guess is that Canada will too very soon. We have 6 CF-18's buzzing the Ukraine border right now that don't scare the Russians one bit. Let's send them southeast and do some real good instead of playing war games we'll never win.

Leave the six there, and send more. Thats why you have more than six :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

c26809e3a038ae40c48384056be3891a0adcbf3ea2d13053e5ca83d8deb93798.jpg

We will see what happens, its not like Canada to sit things out. :thumbsup:

It's not like the F-22s can't just super-scoot over to Western Ukraine from the Arabian Peninsula if they're needed. Of course, they could also stealthily kill everything they need to along the way, on the ground, on sea, and in the air :)

Quite a nice little tool we have there. :monkeydance:/>/>

Edited by Exhausted
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit surprisingly, given the focus on limiting potential losses, US Army Apaches are in action (in Iraq, not Syria). I'm curious if these are the new E-models which have the ability to fully control UAV's.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20141005/DEFREG04/310050007/US-Army-Apache-Helos-Used-Strikes-Against-Islamic-State

It's interesting to hear the Apaches are getting involved. I think if they are careful and stand off and don't fly directly over enemy position at low altitude....they will do just fine. They are a very effective platform if used correctly.

http://images.defence.gov.au/fotoweb/Grid.fwx

Here are some pictures of the RAAF Super Hornets, including pics of them loaded with weapons. Interesting to see the jets getting a little dirty, they always seemed very clean when at home in Australia.

EDIT: It looks like 209 is carrying an AMRAAM in one of the pictures.

Edited by Alternative 4

http://images.defenc...otoweb/Grid.fwx

Here are some pictures of the RAAF Super Hornets, including pics of them loaded with weapons. Interesting to see the jets getting a little dirty, they always seemed very clean when at home in Australia.

EDIT: It looks like 209 is carrying an AMRAAM in one of the pictures.

It is I downloaded the photo. Interesting considering there isn't really a perceived air threat.

i am surprised that it has 3 gas bags in the load out, considering that the port side restricts the FOV of the FLIR pod. Great shot showing weathering on the munitions as well.

thanks for the heads up.

Brendon

Edited by Aussie_superbug

Is a mortar strike at one of the forward air bases going to trigger a land response?

In the end this is their game....they want to have a ground war with Western troops.

It's hard to understand what their long term goal is by engaging western ground troops in a land battle. The Western countries seem content to pound them from the air to reduce them to smaller ground formations so the local ground forces can take them on in ground battles.

I really am baffled why these guy want to engage Western ground troops. My only guess is they plan to use chemical weapons or something creative to try and kill large numbers of Western Ground troops to force us to give up and leave.

So are we guessing about chemical weapons from Syrian stockpiles? Do they have a nuke? Would either stop the West or would it spell out a complete death sentence for certain factions in the Mid-East?

Also, how did you gather that engaging Western troops is in their end game?

Edited by Exhausted