CD72030 - KC-135R

I will try to incorporate some nose art whenever possible; but including large, elaborate nose art like those on Desert Storm-era aircraft will not be possible : these will require offset printing and drive up the cost. Most of what will be on the sheet will be standard markings for line aircraft, but I will include as many units as possible.

Too easy - it was one of the first units I drew:

cd72030draft5.jpg

I am drawing this sheet simultaneously in 1/72 and 1/144, designing shape-dependent elements to fit respective kit parts in either scale. I will definitely offer it in 1/144 scale later on.

Too easy - it was one of the first units I drew:

cd72030draft5.jpg

I am drawing this sheet simultaneously in 1/72 and 1/144, designing shape-dependent elements to fit respective kit parts in either scale. I will definitely offer it in 1/144 scale later on.

Very cool. As you can see, folks have been wanting updated 135R markings for a while.

Definitely the hardest working crews in the air these last few years of the GWOT. Maine ANG in particular, providing IFR for the "air bridge" to SW Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of foreign operated KC-135Rs?

Republic of Singapore Air Force

French Air Force

Turkish Air Force

Mark

Hey Mark, Kursad already mentioned the Singaporean and Turkish examples will be included

Thanks for the excellent suggestions - I got many more through e-mail as well. Singaporean and Turkish aircraft will certainly be on the sheet. As for ANG and active duty units, I am still going through photographs to see what's out there; and I will make a shortlist as soon as the frenzy of next week's new releases is over.

Meanwhile I already finished the base profile and some of the common markings in a marathon session last night.

• 2 weeks later...

The design work for this sheet is going well - I should be able to finish the multi-page layout sometime this weekend. Meanwhile, I need some photos to help me design the markings on the boom that are visible when extended. A few photos showing the markings from the side would be great so I can figure out the proportions. This photo is nice, but I would like to have a couple more.

• 1 month later...

Unless I hit an unexpected snag with the layout of the second page, everything's on track for this sheet for a January release. I will post more information soon - in the end, I was able to fit 17 USAF and 2 foreign (Turkey, Singapore) options on this sheet. One of the USAF options is the Michigan ANG flagship seen below.

8224341745_a25a05a892_o.jpg