CD72030 - KC-135R

You will get a lot of decals for the $19.99 selling price - this set consist of five sheets including the Singapore/Turkish AF bonus sheet. The stencil sheet will be available separately as well.

kc135r05.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

The KC-135R sheet is available for preorder now.

Caracal Models CD72030 - 1/72 USAF KC-135R Stratotanker

With only 300 sets available, I would recommend preordering one if you like the KC-135R. First 200 orders will receive the Singapore/Turkish AF KC-135R sheet as a bonus.

I did this set primarily because it is a favorite subject of mine, and I would be highly surprised if anyone else ever does a similarly comprehensive KC-135 sheet in this scale. If it is sold out, it is not likely to be reprinted ever again.

Edited by KursadA

Well - you're down to at least 299 now

:)/>/>

298!

Kursad, will the stenciling sheet be available as a separate order? I know I plan on building at least two of these. If not one will get the kit decals for stenciling/data.

Edited by 82Whitey51

Dashboard shows 63 orders since the announcements - so these are going fast. Certainly a good start.

Andy - I planned to offer the stencil sheet as a separate item, but the Microscale-printed add-on sheet that would have the common USAF markings (US AIR FORCE titles, national insignia, and command names) is still not ready. This small sheet is necessary to complete the stencil set so you have all the common markings for an USAF jet - even the national insignia and common markings in the AMT/ERTL and Italeri reboxes are inaccurate.

So it looks like the add-on will be available only later; perhaps even next month. It would be odd to have the add-on sheet available after the sheet is sold out, but it might even turn out that way. Sorry for the planning mishap there, things like this happen when you work at this pace.

Edited by KursadA

Dashboard shows 63 orders since the announcements - so these are going fast. Certainly a good start.

Andy - I planned to offer the stencil sheet as a separate item, but the Microscale-printed add-on sheet that would have the common USAF markings (US AIR FORCE titles, national insignia, and command names) is still not ready. This small sheet is necessary to complete the stencil set so you have all the common markings for an USAF jet - even the national insignia and common markings in the AMT/ERTL and Italeri reboxes are inaccurate.

So it looks like the add-on will be available only later; perhaps even next month. It would be odd to have the add-on sheet available after the sheet is sold out, but it might even turn out that way. Sorry for the planning mishap there, things like this happen when you work at this pace.

Thank you for the info. No problem here if it isn't available until later.

• 2 weeks later...

There are now fewer than 50 sets left. Interest for this sheet has been very close to that for the B-58 sheet - many thanks for making projects like this possible.

I am literally swamped with orders and shipping everything will take me a while : there was a similar level of demand for the AMX sheet. I would appreciate your patience while I work through the backlog and ship everything in the next week or so.

Thanks!

Kursad

There are now fewer than 50 sets left. Interest for this sheet has been very close to that for the B-58 sheet - many thanks for making projects like this possible.

I am literally swamped with orders and shipping everything will take me a while : there was a similar level of demand for the AMX sheet. I would appreciate your patience while I work through the backlog and ship everything in the next week or so.

Thanks!

Kursad

Hey Kursad that is great news for you. It is amazing that you can produce something that no one thinks is needed and look what happens. Sells like hot cakes. You must have a crystal ball :thumbsup:

By the way did you get my PM? Know you are busy so maybe you missed it.

Thanks for the great products and keep them coming.

Folks, I am still trying to make a dent in the huge list of shipments of the "preorder storm" that occurred between May 11 and May 14 - please bear with me for a few more days; and all preorders will be out of the door.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

I shipped all preorders before Wednesday night, and many of you in the US might have received your KC-135R sheets by now - let me know what you think. The reference pages will be online by Sunday.

I received my order yesterday and the KC-135 sheet is amazing! The registration is dead spot on, I'm really glad you used Cartograph to do these. I have one KC-135R in my stash and I'm so glad I do. The only thing disappointing about the sheet is the Utah ANG 151st didn't make the cut, but the units you did put on the sheet are great. Hopefully you do another one with them. My 2 cents...

Duane

Edited by Falcon053

Got my sheets yesterday, they look amazing! Glad you stepped up and produced this sheet. If there's a part 2, I throw in my vote for the KS ANG 'Jayhawks' and 'Coyotes' as well. Great job!

David

Edited by Djack

I'm glad you liked it.

The sheet is sold out now - less than two weeks after I shipped the first preorders. The retailers will get their shipments later this week, so you should be able to buy the sheet from them for a while more.

Contrary to what you may think; I am not too happy it sold out this fast. The first reviews are not even online yet. It was a fairly costly set to print, and I don't think I will ever be able to reprint it again. I will check with Cartograf to see if they have any left, and I will do my best to make a small quantity available without reprinting if possible. The extra stencil sheets will be available in late July.

Thanks for your tremendous response to this sheet. For years you have been asking decal companies for silkscreen-printed, quality KC-135R decals. I always thought it would be a popular subject, and I remain puzzled why nobody else did these before.

Edited by KursadA

I would be very interested in some quality markings for the KC-135A and KC-135Q.

Do you have any plans for these ?

Not at this time, sorry. The next KC-135 sheet will be a 1/144 scale-down of CD72030.

Edited by KursadA

Sure - it would be fairly easy to develop a new KC-135R sheet using the infrastructure I designed for the first one. But let's not push luck too far - I want some time to pass until the first sheet gets sold out everywhere and enough people get interested in a follow-on sheet.

Edited by KursadA

Sure - it would be fairly easy to develop a new KC-135R sheet using the infrastructure I designed for the first one. But let's not push luck too far - I want some time to pass until the first sheet gets sold out everywhere and enough people get interested in a follow-on sheet.

Hey Kursad what a sound business idea. Plus with one sheet out a second sheet right away would be too much in my opinion.

With the subjects and speed at which you release stuff I think I have to start an assembly line to do justice to your decals. And unfortunately the assembly line would be all sorts of different models unlike a traditional Model T Ford style of line :)

Keep them coming please.