CD72030 - KC-135R

During the layout of the second page, I realized that it would not be possible to fit everything I designed in one set. I still wanted to use all the artwork I had designed, so I had to separate the international options (Turkey and Singapore) to a separate decal sheet. CD72032 will be released simulatenously with CD72030; and will feature one RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) and one Turkish Air Force KC-135R.

I think this is a better product setup. Sorry about the last minute design change; and if you preordered from Hannants, you may want to contact them and modify your order. Both sheets will share a common KC-135R stencilling sheet, which will also be available separately. This comprehensive stencilling sheet (including refueling boom markings to allow in-flight refueling dioramas; and many other markings typically missing in existing sheets) will address a major shortcoming of the kit sheets.

There are too many current KC-135 units to fit on one sheet, and while many of the suggestions on these pages made it onto the sheet; some did not. I hope you'll like the selection; and another KC-135 sheet is always a possibility if this one does as well as the EC-121 and C-123B sheets I had done earlier.

In short, the three KC-135R related 1/72 sheets I will be releasing next month are:

-CD72030 - USAF KC-135R Stratotanker (17 USAF options, encompassing ANG-AMC-AFRC-AETC and USAFE units)

-CD72032 - International KC-135R (Singapore, Turkey)

-CD72030-ST - KC-135R Stencils

Edited by KursadA

Great news Kursad. I am surprised that only the two foreign options will fit on the sheet. Those must be some big markings. Now I am even more excited about this release.

I have all of the AMT kits so I may have to buy both sheets. Hey, my very own Boeing production line :)

Well, the Stratotanker is a big aircraft. Both RSAF and TurAF aircraft have big black markings on them that are not shared with any other option.

I certainly want to make the foreign KC-135R sheet available as a separate, lower-priced product to make it attractive to modelers who only want to build one of these two options without having to pay for 16+ USAF options. But I may just include it for free in the USAF sheet for a limited time (perhaps first 200 orders)- that looks viable. So the options might be:

-You can buy the USAF sheet and get the international KC-135 sheet for free. (one stencil sheet included)

-You can buy the international KC-135 sheet. (one stencil sheet included)

-Or you can just buy the stencil sheet.

How does this sound?

Edited by KursadA

Well, the Stratotanker is a big aircraft. Both RSAF and TurAF aircraft have big black markings on them that are not shared with any other option.

I certainly want to make the foreign KC-135R sheet available as a separate, lower-priced product to make it attractive to modelers who only want to build one of these two options without having to pay for 16+ USAF options. But I may just include it for free in the USAF sheet for a limited time (perhaps first 200 orders)- that looks viable. So the options might be:

-You can buy the USAF sheet and get the international KC-135 sheet for free. (one stencil sheet included)

-You can buy the international KC-135 sheet. (one stencil sheet included)

-Or you can just buy the stencil sheet.

How does this sound?

Sounds absolutely great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will have to pick up two stencil sheets though I believe.

I actually have some photos of the Singapore 135 when it was here at Maple Flag several years ago so excited to do that one.

Hmm, I have an old Three Guys KC-135 sheet so now I wonder what I should do with that? Maybe ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

A view of the stencil sheet - this will be available separately, bundled with another small sheet with a set of common USAF KC-135R markings. I'm not sure, but I believe the markings for the extended boom may be a first - I have not seen them included on any other sheet before. These are very prominent, and should make it easier to build an in-flight diorama with the boom extended.

kcstencils.jpg

Drafts of the main sheet coming soon - I just need to work a little bit on the layout before sending it out this week.

A view of the stencil sheet - this will be available separately, bundled with another small sheet with a set of common USAF KC-135R markings. I'm not sure, but I believe the markings for the extended boom may be a first - I have not seen them included on any other sheet before. These are very prominent, and should make it easier to build an in-flight diorama with the boom extended.

Drafts of the main sheet coming soon - I just need to work a little bit on the layout before sending it out this week.

26dc56853c6e1b1c3df7912f5f1eecbc250c36a9fa3bd8441a9140fd8adbd654.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The international KC-135R sheets are ready. They will be available for sale when the KC-135R stencil sheet is ready in mid-February. You will be able to buy this as a separate product (it will be bundled with one set of stencils), but it will also be a free bonus with the first 200 copies of my USAF KC-135R sheet, which is coming next month as well.

I know most of you are interested in the USAF sheet - it is being printed, and I will let you know as soon as it is ready.

This sheet provides markings for one RSAF and one Turkish KC-135R.

kc135_int.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I finished the color page a couple days ago and sent it to be printed. This will be a multi-page affair; and I am still putting some final touches the black & white page.

The options on CD72030 will be:

- KC-135R 62-3516, 161 ARW, Arizona ANG

- KC-135R 62-3576, 157 ARW, New Hampshire ANG

- KC-135R 63-8872, 157 ARW, Maine ANG ("Maine Freeze" nose art)

- KC-135R 61-0305, 97 AMW, Altus AFB

- KC-135R 61-4840, 121 ARW, Ohio ANG

- KC-135R 62-3543, 459 ARW, Andrews AFB

- KC-135R 58-0001, 100 ARW, RAF Mildenhall ("Wolff Pack" nose art)

- KC-135R 58-0102, 434 ARW, Grissom AFB

- KC-135T 58-0065, 22 ARW, Mc Connell AFB

- KC-135R 60-0345, 127 Wing, Michigan ANG

- KC-135R 60-0318, 154 Wing, Hawaii ANG

- KC-135R 59-1506, 185 ARW, Iowa ANG

- KC-135R 59-1500, 126 ARW, Illinois ANG

- KC-135R 60-0348, 18 Wing, Kadena AFB

- KC-135R 62-3512, 128 ARW, Wisconsin ANG

- KC-135R 62-3514, 108 ARW, New Jersey ANG

The sheet has a "fully redundant" design in that you will be able to make as many of the aircraft you wish with just one sheet and an extra stencil/common USAF markings sheet (to be available separately), i.e. there are no shared markings except stencilling and common USAF markings. All in all, there are 16 different units on this sheet, not mentioning the free Singapore and Turkish markings sheet you will get as a bonus if you are one of the first 200 to order.

This is page one of three (not including the stencil sheet shown above) for this decal set. There will be a second, black-only page with serial numbers and other black markings. There will also be a third page with refueling boom ruddervator markings for each unit. I am still working on the second and third pages to optimize their layout; and will post them later this week as I finish them.

cd72030a_draft.jpg

Edited by KursadA