CD72030 - KC-135R

http://www.128arw.ang.af.mil/art/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=6664

Thank you for putting Wisconsin ANG on this sheet. Looks like you went with the Screamin Eagle Nose art. Just curious there are no serial numbers on the sheet. Are they on a separate sheet and are they generic numbers or do you have profiles specifically for the aircraft depicted on the sheet?

I finished the color page a couple days ago and sent it to be printed. This will be a multi-page affair; and I am still putting some final touches the black & white page.

There is a second, black-only page with all the serial numbers, badges, common markings, crew names, etc. And there is a third, black & white page with markings for refueling boom ruddervators. I am still working on the final layout of these pages. Sorry for not making this point clearer in my haste to share the latest status of this project, I hope to be able to finish everything pretty soon.

Edited by KursadA

From the start of the video it looks like an 'E'

Yup, looks like the original was an "E".

I think the squadron has kept it going as a sort of "mascot"/signature aircraft in the "R" transition;

Week38_zps453ad50f.jpg

...and, since the video seems to end before the unveiling, here she is;

image645419x_zps74ba5100.jpg

untitled_zpsf9b499bd.png

Edited by 82Whitey51

From the start of the video it looks like an 'E'

Not the same jet (yours is 59-1516??), but the same nose-art a couple of hours ago;

DObers_2015_02_12_Geilenkirchen_0004.jpg

I can take some detail shots if you like tomorrow before we send her back to the States..

Cheers,

Daniel

I think the squadron has kept it going as a sort of "mascot"/signature aircraft in the "R" transition;

You are very right, I was to fast in replying; the pics of the art on 59-1516 that I did see were from it as an R-model, so the one in your picture, not from the original E-model...

Here's a pic from their latest carrier taken this morning just prior to de-icing;

DObers_2015_02_13_Geilenkirchen_0049.jpg

The jet should be safe back on it's homeplate by now..

• 1 month later...

Added the final draft for the second page with the badges/serial numbers and other black markings - there is yet a third page with ruddervator markings and windshield/nose decorations.

cd72030a_draft.jpgkcpage2.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Thanks - a lot of effort went into this sheet; and I wanted it to be the USAF KC-135 sheet to buy for quite some time. Hopefully you will like it - I can't wait to see the first builds here.

It is on the way - I should have the decals in hand sometime next week; and will share photos soon after Fedex delivers them to the Caracal Residence. I will have the instruction sheets ready soon afterwards.

The 1/144 version will follow very soon.

Edited by KursadA

Great news. Time to put in my order. Now what to do with my Fox-one sheet?

You can put it next to their B-58 sheet. Another few of their sheets are also due for retirement soon..;=)

Edited by KursadA

You can put it next to their B-58 sheet. Another few of their sheets are also due for retirement soon..;=)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now that is funny since I actually do have their B-58 sheet. I wonder how ebay would do. Seems to me not everyone has heard about your product.

Another few eh? Hmmm, the mind boggles. F-106 you did already so it can't be that. Maybe one of their Phantom sheets?

• 2 weeks later...

The KC-135R sheets are here. And they look beautiful. This was certainly one of the most complex decal projects I have designed so far.

kc135r01.jpg

All the colors and details look pretty good to me. I expect the 300-sheet print run to go quickly.

kc135r02.jpg