CD72030 - KC-135R

Just a reminder that the sheet will be available at Hannants and Sprue Brothers soon. I sold all that I allocated to myself, but the resellers should have enough stock for a while.

Edited by KursadA

It became the top selling item in Hannants in just two days; so I'm afraid it will sell out there pretty soon, too - get yours while you can.

screenshot_hannants.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I just received my KC-135 sheet and wow, Kursad it is amazing. The instruction booklet is great too and it is making it hard to select a scheme. Maybe I should build the kit first and then worry about what decals to put on.

I do have a question though. As part of your deal when you bought the KC-135 sheet, you included the Singapore KC-135 sheet as a bonus. I looked in my package and there does not seem to be any layout instructions for the Singapore scheme. I even went to your website and thought I would have seen the instructions there. Is there a link I am missing somewhere?

Hi Chris,

I have been busy shipping preorders this past weekend - I will finish the CD72030 references page tonight and will add the instruction sheet for CD72032 there. It will be at:

www.caracalmodels.com/references/cd72030

Hi Chris,

I have been busy shipping preorders this past weekend - I will finish the CD72030 references page tonight and will add the instruction sheet for CD72032 there. It will be at:

www.caracalmodels.com/references/cd72030

Hi Kursad

No issue what so ever. Just thought I missed something. No rush on my part believe me.

Still the top seller at Hannants after five days - when will the craziness end?? The separate stencil sheets will be available in August, so you will be able to build multiple options from one set.

Still the top seller at Hannants after five days - when will the craziness end?? The separate stencil sheets will be available in August, so you will be able to build multiple options from one set.

Wow, such good news I think :) Glad to hear about the stencil sheet as there seems to be a couple on the sheet I would like to build. Of course actually building them will be another matter but that is not your problem Kursad. At least now I will have no excuse that I do not have decals.

Did you ever get the photos you requested of the KC-135R/AAR slipway for inclusion in your upcoming R-model sheet? I sent them to your email a while back.

Regards,

Jeff

Did you ever get the photos you requested of the KC-135R/AAR slipway for inclusion in your upcoming R-model sheet? I sent them to your email a while back.

Regards,

Jeff

I did, but it was too late to include them in the stencil sheet. I am not sure if any of the aircraft I covered on this sheet have the AAR slipway : they seem to be somewhat rare, and it is hard to confirm unless there is an in-flight photo from above. If any of them do, I will rectify it in the 1/144 sheet.

Edited by KursadA

I will make sure it is there on the 1/144 sheet. Did you have a chance to see the sheet yet, Jeff?

Yes Sir. In our correspondence, you showed me the proofs. I'm sure everyone will be pleased.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

The KC-135R sheet is available once again - I was able to put together fewer than 100 sets using overruns from the printer; and a reprint of the stencil sheets.

The stencilling sheet is now available as a separate item as well. Both are available from the product page linked below:

Caracal Models CD72030 - KC-135R Stratotanker

• 2 weeks later...

I now have only about 30 of the KC-135R sheet - these are going fast, and I am not likely to ever reprint it because of its relatively high printing cost. Get one while you still can.

The stencil sheets are still available in quantity.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This 1/72 KC-135R build was posted on HS a couple days ago. The builder did not mention which decals he used - but based on some of the stencilling and markings on the aircraft, I believe that he might have used the Caracal Models KC-135R set. If so, I wish he had mentioned it. At any rate, a great build regardless of which decals were used.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1460684324/KC-135R++FINISHED%21%21

3_zpsfaq0okbn.jpg