OK Fellas-

Since we're all chomping at the bit on this one (and I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about it myself), I've posted up a preliminary information page over at ScaleAIR. Have a look here:

ARC/ScaleAIR F-14 Tomcat Group Build

As promised, I'll be organizing and hosting the group build, and am presently in the process of lining up sponsors for raffle prizes. Remember, no entries will be accepted prior to January 1st, and the e-mail address that you see at the site is not yet active. Remember, Modern NAVAIR is still in full swing, and I don't want to do anything to infringe on the hard work that Charlie Brown is doing with his group build.

I just wanted to let everyone know that plans are underway, and you can have a look at the overall rules, and start getting ready to plan your projects.

Can't you just feel the excitement building already? I can hardly contain myself! ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry about that - I wasn't trying to kill anybody off ;) . I just figured that, since the Tomcat is on the way out, this would be a nice way to remember all of the actual squadrons that flew the F-14. It certainly wasn't designed to keep anybody out of the Group Build, and I hope you'll consider doing a Tomcat with actual markings.

There sure are plenty of cool schemes available out there for the Tomcat - why not pick one and join in the fun?

Cheers,

Steve

Hey Steve, so like it says

6.  A maximum of six photos may be sent in for any given project.  Unfortunately, my web space is not unlimited, so I do have some issues to consider in this regard.

Is this for ANY TIME or just completed models? or for like photos of your own in-prog Pics??

TIA

Take Care

Is this for ANY TIME or just completed models? or for like photos of your own in-prog Pics??

TIA

Take Care

Mario-

The photos submitted to me (when the time comes) should be that of the completed model. However, feel free to take 'in progress' shots for the Group Build forum, and save them in case you plan on doing an article for ARC after the Group Build is finished.

The ScaleAIR page will basically be a gallery of all of the entrants' completed models - for an example of this, check out the Modern NAVAIR page to get an idea of what it will look like. As I said before, I'd like to be able to offer more, but I do have a limited amount of webspace, so I have to be careful.

Hi! Well i gotta say thank you so much for agreeing to do this and it seems all my pestering and nagging you (and all you other F14 nuts out there) has finally paid off. roll on jan 05!

one other thing when is the closing date because i wanted to keep this as open as possible to modellers of all abilities.

Thanks again

Well I am really excited about this! I am a total rookie in this Group Build thing and I can't even come close to matching the ability of you fine gents, but I am really pumped. I have my kit, my aftermarket decals and I am ready to begin when the time rolls around.

Long live the 'Cat' :thumbsup: .

Regards,

Don

Hi to all Tomcat Fans ,

Steve this question is for You , You wrote on Group Build Site that all entries must be send to You on specific e-mail adress groupbuild@scaleair.com

but in the end there is a NOTE: This e-mail address is not yet active, but will be available on January 1st.

So as I'm corect every information must be send directly at January 1st. or could be send before this period ( not be lost ) ?

Best Regards :stooges:

Artur-

No entries can be submitted prior to the start date. The email address listed is not active, and if any submissions are sent to that address, there is a good chance that they will in fact be lost.

PS- The closing date of the build is June 1st. That gives everybody five months during the build to get their projects done (and I imagine that some people will be starting early as well).

Boy, this oughta hit fever pitch by January 1st! :lol:

Great to see all the enthusiasm for this one, folks - I hope that we'll have a boatload of participants for this one, and the more I read from everyone, the more I think this is going to be one heck of a group build. I'm going to make an early prediction and say that we're going to get at least 50 models for this one, and I hope that we get even more.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

Make that 51!!! I'm planning on doing at least one. Can I get one of those group build flyer thingies? Better yet, how do I make one and attach it to my postings?

Thanks,

Rodney

Rodney-

Steve,

Make that 51!!!

Hey - the more, the merrier..........personally, I hope that we get 101 models, but we'll see...... :lol:

I did mine in Photoshop, and it was pretty easy to do. Just pick a Tomcat photo that you like, crop the image so that it's no larger than 750 x 150, add whatever text you like, and voila.

To add a banner to your signature line, post up your picture to your own webspace, and record the URL of the picture. Copy the URL into your signature, and you're there. :wasntme:

I can't even come close to matching the ability of you fine gents, but I am really pumped. I have my kit, my aftermarket decals and I am ready to begin when the time rolls around.

I'm in the same league as you Don, but I have my 1/72 Cat and a resin cockpit but haven't selected my decals yet. This will be my first venture with aftermarket resin but thanks to you guys on ARC I am learning everyday day.

Guys-

Like I said earlier, it's not a contest, so PLEASE don't feel shy about jumping in. <_<

Basically, the purpose of a Group Build is to find a subject of common interest, and get everybody off of their butts to build a kit. The deadline provides a little extra impetus to get the model finished. I just don't want there to be any stress over this - pick a subject you like, and just build it! :angry:

Still working on additional details, and we now have some sponsors on board, but more on that later. I plan on updating the info page at ScaleAIR once a month until Go Time, and I'll have a new update in a couple of weeks with a preliminary list of sponsors and raffle prizes.

Y'know after I've built my F-18 & F-16 for the Hornet & Viper Cadre group builds, I will have only 1 (one) teen series figher left in my stash......

Now, I know that is sacriledge to some round here :P but I can't leave that poor old Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A sat collecting dust whilst there's an F-14 GB going now, can I? :D

Only problem is that the kit came with dry transfer decals (didn't realise at the time) for VF-111, so I will have to source some aftermarket decals.

Lots & lots of colourful options to choose from.........