First UAE female pilot leads bombing run on ISIS!

This maybe a good way to combat ISIS or other Muslim extremist. Tell them we will send women pilots over to do combat against them if they don't stop.

I guess it gives new meaning to 'I'm telling my mommy on you'.

rofl.gif

The only difference is that said mommy will open a can of laser guided whoopass on them w00t.gif !

It's not about a lack of faith Bill, but of respect to a God who IMO probably has no interest in picking and aiding winners from losers in sports, or in picking one nation state or peoples over another in terms of his blessings. Last I checked God looked at all of us as mankind not by our birth certificates (which none of us had any say in when being born) and our passports. Sorry, that's my beliefs and my faith. Peace out. B)/>/>

Thanks for pointing out that the OP's faith, obviously shining so specifically and preferably upon him, guides him through everything he does -- both right and wrong.... What a great way to create plausible deniability for our actions!

Edited by Exhausted

Thanks for pointing out that the OP's faith, obviously shining so specifically and preferably upon him, guides him through everything he does -- both right and wrong.... What a great way to create plausible deniability for our actions!

:rolleyes: Nevermind...

Out of curiosity, do other ARC'rs have interest in these ongoing p*ssing contests over individual member's religious beliefs?

Yeah I do, it is called the delete button.

Keep it apolitical and non religious peeps.

Here is a CNN interview with our esteemed major. I believe she commands an F-16 squadron.

It's not about a lack of faith Bill, but of respect to a God who IMO probably has no interest in picking and aiding winners from losers in sports, or in picking one nation state or peoples over another in terms of his blessings. Last I checked God looked at all of us as mankind not by our birth certificates (which none of us had any say in when being born) and our passports. Sorry, that's my beliefs and my faith. Peace out. B)/>

And from where did you derive that belief?

OK, this being a modeling forum, let's steer this back on a modeling focus - hopefully we can get enough decals to model her jet.

Err...no. It's the GENERAL discussion forum. Hence all the other posts here about cell phones, sports teams, favorite booze, etc. It's cool to go OT as long as you stay (or at least attempt to stay) within the parameters established by the moderators.

Thing is, someone like me, who doesn't believe in a God, doesn't go around ending posts with 'and do your best, cause there's no God to bless you', if you know what I'm getting at. One (wo)man's freedom ends where an other (wo)man's freedom begins.

And good luck to Major Mansouri in the rest of the campaign. Nice job.

However, the fact that this thread was even started, proves that we still look at gender equality with mixed feelings.

I don't think we're thinking in terms of gender-equality here. It's a tricky subject. Today I didn't let a single lady open a door for me at school, instead I rushed to get it and let them in -- even the ugly ones. There are some great female pilots out there today, and if I were in need of air support and I heard the lovely voice of a female warrior on the other end, I'd be thankful as ever. But still, the social norm seems to be that we aren't equal and most female warriors like to dress to impress and act like a lady when 'off-duty.'

I think the propaganda works because Islamic extremists loathe females with leading roles in their society. For people who aren't savvy to the military, it helps divide us from them. In a sense, it builds support by indifferent people in the free world.

Edited by Exhausted

However, the fact that this thread was even started, proves that we still look at gender equality with mixed feelings.

Men and women are not equal especially in that part of the world, so this thread isn't really about equality. Not everything has to be about the perfection of "equality" because you are never going to reach it between the sexes in even the most liberal societies.

even the ugly ones

Lhm0mrP.gif

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

The same place(s) most anyone else derive their beliefs.

that doesn't really clarify anything. I don't know anything more now than I knew before you answered. Let me clarify: You've made some statements about what God does and doesn't do. What's the basis of the conclusions you made?

Men and women are not equal especially in that part of the world, so this thread isn't really about equality. Not everything has to be about the perfection of "equality" because you are never going to reach it between the sexes in even the most liberal societies.

I'm not a native English speaker, so some nuances might escape me, but for all intents and purposes, this thread was started to revel in the fact that a woman did a man's job(and very well apparently). And that's what I'm getting at. Legally, men and women should be treated the same, but it still feels strange when a woman breaks into a male stronghold. I'm very aware of the fact that men and women are not the same, regardless of what the law says.

In all honesty, I must admit that I thought this thread was about a US and not a UAE pilot. The fact that she is UAE does add another dimension to this.

Edited by huntermountain

that doesn't really clarify anything. I don't know anything more now than I knew before you answered. Let me clarify: You've made some statements about what God does and doesn't do. What's the basis of the conclusions you made?

From my years of trying to understand faith and what is important to me about it all. God did not create the nation state, man did so why should God pick any one or group as higher or more worthy of some blessing(s) over any other? I also doubt God cares as to who wins in a sporting event to by some divine intervention pick one team or athlete over another.

All this God bless and Thank God stuff as ascribed to nation states or to some even inane personal request or status is psychological pablum for our own personal minds and conscience. But if people get something out of it, as in some peace of mind etc. meh so be it, as long as they do not use it to hurt or violate others. It's still psychological pablum.

All knowing, all powerful, but a just God should not bother to play favourites in especially and generally meaningless human endeavors. God does not pick Super Bowl winners, nor World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA, championships, nor even the World Cup etc. Why should God care to intervene? And if so why bother then as a human to train if your efforts can be arbitrarily superseded by God? Same goes with general/daily life in nation states. What makes nation "A" more worthy of God's blessing and intervention over Nation "B" "C" or "D" etc.? Each could and probably do to some level, believe they are worthy of God's intervention and this is a big reason why we have such stupid, costly and unjust conflicts in our collective history.

Remember, again during WWII every German soldier's uniform had "Gott mit uns" sewn in it. "God with us." The morning of June 6 1944 as Priests, Rabbis and Ministers of all faiths were saying prayers for the Allies as they embarked, on the shores of France the Germans were also saying their prayers. Each person that morning regardless of side in the conflict believing his/her faith with God including their belief God is on their nation's side was paramount.

But you are free to believe what you wish. I explained for you here my thoughts with decorum and IMO with clear logic and sound reasoning. B)

I'm not a native English speaker, so some nuances might escape me, but for all intents and purposes, this thread was started to revel in the fact that a woman did a man's job(and very well apparently). And that's what I'm getting at. Legally, men and women should be treated the same, but it still feels strange when a woman breaks into a male stronghold. I'm very aware of the fact that men and women are not the same, regardless of what the law says.

In all honesty, I must admit that I thought this thread was about a US and not a UAE pilot. The fact that she is UAE does add another dimension to this.

:salute:

:salute:

And if so why bother then as a human to train if your efforts can be arbitrarily superseded by God? Same goes with general/daily life in nation states.

I know this isn't the theme of the thread but let me just for second point out something that you may not have realized. Often times, MANY of these athletes, or leaders of nations or whatever...when they are thanking God, they aren't thanking Him for the win per se but rather thanking him for the gift they were given, whatever that may be. Most of the Christian athletes I know don't pray for a specific outcome of any game, other than for safety for those playing. But they do thank Him for the ability to play and for the gift they were given to play well. And BTW, I do believe God does bless nations that follow Him and will look unfavorably towards those that don't. In the Bible I believe, this is written about over and over again.

Ok, I will try to refrain from anymore of this.

Bill

From my years of trying to understand faith and what is important to me about it all. God did not create the nation state, man did so why should God pick any one or group as higher or more worthy of some blessing(s) over any other? I also doubt God cares as to who wins in a sporting event to by some divine intervention pick one team or athlete over another.

All this God bless and Thank God stuff as ascribed to nation states or to some even inane personal request or status is psychological pablum for our own personal minds and conscience. But if people get something out of it, as in some peace of mind etc. meh so be it, as long as they do not use it to hurt or violate others. It's still psychological pablum.

All knowing, all powerful, but a just God should not bother to play favourites in especially and generally meaningless human endeavors. God does not pick Super Bowl winners, nor World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA, championships, nor even the World Cup etc. Why should God care to intervene? And if so why bother then as a human to train if your efforts can be arbitrarily superseded by God? Same goes with general/daily life in nation states. What makes nation "A" more worthy of God's blessing and intervention over Nation "B" "C" or "D" etc.? Each could and probably do to some level, believe they are worthy of God's intervention and this is a big reason why we have such stupid, costly and unjust conflicts in our collective history.

Remember, again during WWII every German soldier's uniform had "Gott mit uns" sewn in it. "God with us." The morning of June 6 1944 as Priests, Rabbis and Ministers of all faiths were saying prayers for the Allies as they embarked, on the shores of France the Germans were also saying their prayers. Each person that morning regardless of side in the conflict believing his/her faith with God including their belief God is on their nation's side was paramount.

But you are free to believe what you wish. I explained for you here my thoughts with decorum and IMO with clear logic and sound reasoning. B)

Watch and marvel as les creative takes his personal views and presents them as fact in a giant wall of nonsensical text that will surely lead to the end of thread. Be amazed as Les creativ speaks for everyone that fought on all sides in Normandy and what they believed and prayed for, and uses it as "evidence" watch him call this "logic and sound reasoning"

51881147_wtf_reaction_gif.gif

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

But you are free to believe what you wish. I explained for you here my thoughts with decorum and IMO with clear logic and sound reasoning. B)/>

Of course, an alternative point of view is that 'God' was invented by cavemen to explain thunder, and the concept was then taken further by the rich and powerful as a means of keeping the poor under control. So essentially everyone praying on 6th June 1944 was wasting their time, given that their death or survival was down to random chance rather than divine intervention.

Vince