First UAE female pilot leads bombing run on ISIS!

that doesn't really clarify anything. I don't know anything more now than I knew before you answered. Let me clarify: You've made some statements about what God does and doesn't do. What's the basis of the conclusions you made?

You can ask him all day, but the burden of proving him wrong is solely on you. That is a task I highly doubt you will conclude...

Edited by Exhausted

Of course, an alternative point of view is that 'God' was invented by cavemen to explain thunder, and the concept was then taken further by the rich and powerful as a means of keeping the poor under control. So essentially everyone praying on 6th June 1944 was wasting their time, given that their death or survival was down to random chance rather than divine intervention.

Vince

For my sanity, I try not to discuss faith of any religious kind with others. I'm not a religious person per se. I live life based on what I know and experience, but I am open minded and like to believe in things that may be unsubstantiated. I see how such things can be a religious faith.

Faith I or any other may have is a personal thing, THAT'S ALL!

I do not believe in a lot of religious hyperbole and I do not believe in say oh thinking that 10-100-1000-10,000 or more folks falling to their knees and praying for a God's intervention has any affect on an outcome. But it may have an affect on all these peoples' own minds and conscience.

So as time passes and I age (gracefully :lol: ) I do not bother much on the subject of faith and more so religion and which is better more right or whatever. Debating much over it doesn't really get one too far and if gets out of hand only ends in an argument.

I made my point here about the human ideal of asking/praying for a Lord's blessing, as if such blessing for one is more worthy than others as a person up to and including blessing a nation state as if it is more worthy than over another nation state.

Watch and marvel as les creative takes his personal views and presents them as fact in a giant wall of nonsensical text that will surely lead to the end of thread. Be amazed as Les creativ speaks for everyone that fought on all sides in Normandy and what they believed and prayed for, and uses it as "evidence" watch him call this "logic and sound reasoning"

51881147_wtf_reaction_gif.gif

Seriously man you need to clear you head before you read such text because what you chime as an a insulting retort to me, I did not speak as such.

As to Normandy what I said is very true.

From Allied Paratroopers loading up on planes and gliders to men embarking on ships, that day men of faith likely all the major ones stood before them all and with them prayed for God's aid and believing God was on their side. But also on the shores of France that day German soldiers as many were certainly religious they too prayed for God and believed that God was on their side. That is fact and only logical based on how humans of all nationalities and faiths believe in a God! If you think otherwise I suggest that your head is buried up yours and you likely need air.

Why you seem compelled to reply as an a$$ to posts I make here at this forum is beyond me. But maybe you get off on such. Trying growing up a bit and conducting your comments more as an adult.

Oh and in addition how about you stop the stupid little videos you put up all too often in your posts? Jeez we likely can put up with them once in a while for a minor smirk or chuckle, but you never seem to stop. They not only are annoying but are stupidly immature. They waste space and I'm sure the owner of this site really would feel better if you stopped or at least greatly cut back such idiotic video clips. I mean man HOW OLD ARE YOU!?!

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

I know this isn't the theme of the thread but let me just for second point out something that you may not have realized. Often times, MANY of these athletes, or leaders of nations or whatever...when they are thanking God, they aren't thanking Him for the win per se but rather thanking him for the gift they were given, whatever that may be. Most of the Christian athletes I know don't pray for a specific outcome of any game, other than for safety for those playing. But they do thank Him for the ability to play and for the gift they were given to play well. And BTW, I do believe God does bless nations that follow Him and will look unfavorably towards those that don't. In the Bible I believe, this is written about over and over again.

Ok, I will try to refrain from anymore of this.

Bill

So the athletes or teams who lost are likely just as good in being pissed off at God for losing and not getting the gift?

It's not a gift if others MUST LOSE!

Added, Atheletes as you said may not pray for an outcome but fans do.

I said that God likely has no care in such sporting events

As to nations, a nation does not act on one mind. So how can God bless a nation as its peoples are of many thoughts and not all of the same mind or faith. This is why blessing a nation state is unrealistic and has no relevance for God. God blessing good men/women is fine. But for every good American (in your case) that may be worthy of a blessing, you have others who are not worthy and deserve no such blessing. So why should they carpet bag because of their birth certificate or passport?

Now to keep this from going around in circles. I respect your right to believe in what you want. That is as fair as I can be to you. :cheers:

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

Seriously man you need to clear you head before you read such text because what you chime as an a insulting retort to me, I did not speak as such.

As to Normandy what I said is very true.

From Allied Paratroopers loading up on planes and gliders to men embarking on ships, that day men of faith likely all the major ones stood before them all and with them prayed for God's aid and believing God was on their side. But also on the shores of France that day German soldiers as many were certainly religious they too prayed for God and believed that God was on their side. That is fact and only logical based on how humans of all nationalities and faiths believe in a God! If you think otherwise I suggest that your head is buried up yours and you likely need air.

Why you seem compelled to reply as an a$$ to posts I make here at this forum is beyond me. But maybe you get off on such. Trying growing up a bit and conducting your comments more as an adult.

Oh and in addition how about you stop the stupid little videos you put up all too often in your posts? Jeez we likely can put up with them once in a while for a minor smirk or chuckle, but you never seem to stop. They not only are annoying but are stupidly immature. They waste space and I'm sure the owner of this site really would feel better if you stopped or at least greatly cut back such idiotic video clips. I mean man HOW OLD ARE YOU!?!

Your welcome Les. and apparently you have a short memory, and no sense of self or irony

Out of curiosity, do other ARC'rs have interest in these ongoing p*ssing contests over individual member's religious beliefs?

I know I don't. But when it is brought up, it's hard not to comment. Seems it's okay to make fun of ones religion, just don't tell someone that a model company they like isn't very good. :woot.gif:/>

Bill

I have an idea, someone build a God figure, claim that it's a Trumpeter kit, and watch the $#!t hit the fan........