hi Guys

here is my build for the GB

Kit : Hasegawa 1/48 TF-104G

AM : Hobby Decals pitot tube

Well just in time for the 1st month of the GB i got this baby in the mail today!

i chose the TF because im a sucker for twins ... seaters :wasntme:

i wanted to build it has a CF-104D but i dont feel like shelling out for the decals, and i kinda like the box art scheme!

20140925_221422.jpg?dl=0

im going to start ripping trough the sprues now.. ill post more soon

Cheers

Neo

Thanks Chippy.

Well got started on this one. I started to assemble the pit and the main wheel weel. Also started to cut main part of the sprues .

thats about it.

More soon

Das ist schön, Neo!

The beauty of the Starfighter is you could build 100 of them, with a different scheme for each, without trying too hard. I've always like the Luftwaffe schemes.

Bonne chance, mon copain.

ALF

I always liked the look of the German Starfighters, especially with that Day-glo Orange on the wing tanks.

V/r

Ron

Speaking of witch... hasegawa calls out orange for the color .... any one know the Humbrol or MM code for that wing tip orange ?

Das ist schön, Neo!

The beauty of the Starfighter is you could build 100 of them, with a different scheme for each, without trying too hard. I've always like the Luftwaffe schemes.

Bonne chance, mon copain.

ALF

Thanks ALF

yeah this bird is like a hornet.. so many different scheme. Eventually ill build a NMF CF-104 its my favorite canadian jet

Thanks CW

Well cockpit is done and in place. I took some shoots that ill upload when i get home.

I did decide to install the clear part for the nav lites.mam that was a PITA.. more on this tonight..

Over im happy with my progress.

Neo

Alright here are the pics

here are the clear part replacing the molded light. was kinda hard since the clear was hitting the intakes on the inside so i had to make a groove to make it fit. but the result is worth it! plus i love a challenge

DSC_0229%20%281024x683%29.jpg?dl=0

And for the pit. for the first time i decided to go with the decals on the ip since they are really nice, im really happy of how they turned out. the hole pit got a coat of Alclad Semi mat finish. the rest is painted in Humbrol enamels

DSC_0231%20%281024x684%29.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for following

Neo

Edited by Neo

Great looking pit Neo, this is one of the few kits I've built that the decals actually do the cockpit justice.

V/r

Ron

Thanks Ron.

Yeah i had tried decals on ip before but it never came out right

Those are DECALS?! You did a great job there; it all looks like a high-end a/m fit.

lol yep after 10 coats of micro sol!! And a semi flat coat i came out great.

I did try to use the side console decals but those did not come out good at all because of all the little switches

So here is a question.

what is the normal slats flaps position on these birds when in the parking lot ??

i have this pic that show down My link

Thoughts !?

hope im not opening a :can-of-worms:/>/>

The Engine Shut Down checklist has the flaps set to up. The photo you posted shows a F-104C with a tech in the cockpit and the flaps are in the Land position indicating some sort of maintenance action. The majority of parked 104's will have the flaps up. There are exceptions to this. I'm going to build my CF-104 with the flaps in Take-Off position as I have a photo of the aircraft I'm building during preflight in this configuration.

99% of the time will be flaps up. Some will have the flaps in Take-Off position. Rarely will they be in Land position.

Cheers,

John

The Engine Shut Down checklist has the flaps set to up. The photo you posted shows a F-104C with a tech in the cockpit and the flaps are in the Land position indicating some sort of maintenance action. The majority of parked 104's will have the flaps up. There are exceptions to this. I'm going to build my CF-104 with the flaps in Take-Off position as I have a photo of the aircraft I'm building during preflight in this configuration.

99% of the time will be flaps up. Some will have the flaps in Take-Off position. Rarely will they be in Land position.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the info.

ill probably go for then, so im guessing the air brakes would be closed too right?

We have some pics!

i managed to pull out the Ab tonight and applied a coat of MM flat while to the landing gear bays and the air brakes has im not sure of their final position

the gray is the tamiya surface primer. once dry i use enamel thinners and a q-tip to remove the excess without sanding

DSC_0244%20%281024x489%29.jpg?dl=0

on this one you can see the clear nav light painted from the rear with clear paint then backed with silver

DSC_0245%20%281024x465%29.jpg?dl=0

and here is a shot of the pit installed

DSC_0247%20%281024x666%29.jpg?dl=0

more soon

Cheers

Neo

Airbrakes on a '104 were only open if the engine was running(hydraulics powered up) and a man in the cockpit. Parked, they are closed.

Tony

Thanks for the tip. They are now closed and got the same surface primer q-tip thinner treatment

Looking good Neo! Once the fuse gets buttoned up the project really starts to roll.

V/r

Ron

Thanks Ron

well the nose gave me a little challenge but its under control. all downhill from now!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is a funny one. I was indtalling the mlg doors and was quite disapointed about the fit... so after some scaping sanding and brute force i got the to fit almost flush... but then i saw a pic today showing the these doors are not fully closed when the gear is down... DOH!!

But on the positive side im almost at the painting stage :)

Well here is a funny one. I was indtalling the mlg doors and was quite disapointed about the fit... so after some scaping sanding and brute force i got the to fit almost flush... but then i saw a pic today showing the these doors are not fully closed when the gear is down... DOH!!

But on the positive side im almost at the painting stage :)/>

You're not alone Neo, I went through the same grief on the first Starfighter I built as well.

V/r

Ron