And the dark green as well

The real test is does it look right with future on it

IMG_20150213_220439_811.jpg

Looks good to me. Using this as one reference:

1997_F-4_Heritage_Flight_over_Florida-edit_1.jpg

Edited by nickdanger

Most painting is done. Quick future check:

IMG_20150214_180412_937.jpg

Had to do a little surgery. Read the instructions incorrectly and installed the front landing gear in the wrong place. Had to disassemble a little. Fortunately the avionics (?) panel was in just the right place:

IMG_20150215_150852_281.jpg

IMG_20150215_150914_194.jpg

Otherwise, progress continues. Time to future the rest and start in on decals:

IMG_20150215_150938_021.jpg

Decals are done but for a couple on the insides of panels, along canopy frames, and the like:

IMG_20150221_161529_151.jpg

IMG_20150221_163206_909.jpg

IMG_20150221_203655_190.jpg

Next step is to seal everything up with some future and do a panel wash.

Had a very pretty sunset this evening as I worked on decals. Nice crescent moon to boot.

IMG_20150221_184321_119.jpg

Great decal quality but some of the placements were impossible to match up to the instructions. Seemed out of scale or just plain wrong in some cases. Plus in trying to cover 10 different schemes Italeri had no choice but to hand wave a little. Nevertheless, no silvering, in register, nice and opaque, and no cracking so gotta say they were top quality.

Edited by nickdanger

Decals 99.9% done. Just that red thingie on the pitot tube and maybe 1 or 2 more;

IMG_20150223_214145_550.jpg

My scuba tank ran out of air (don't use a compressor) so I couldn't finish up post shading and fading/weathering. Will take it in for a fill tomorrow and see if I can't get to within sight of the finish line.

Had a very pretty sunset this evening as I worked on decals. Nice crescent moon to boot.

IMG_20150221_184321_119.jpg

Don't know if I'd get much model building done with that view. Looks like you live somewhere between the Likelike and Pali highways. I've driven those roads many times on my way over to Kailua when my wife and I are on vacation there.

With great envy!

John

Don't know if I'd get much model building done with that view. Looks like you live somewhere between the Likelike and Pali highways. I've driven those roads many times on my way over to Kailua when my wife and I are on vacation there.

With great envy!

John

Ditto! My dream to live somewhere like that.

Great work on your 104.

ALF

@CF-104 - You're exactly right ! I do most modeling at night so not missing the view. Well, the city lights are nice too.

Got a great view of the airport and Hickam (now Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam).

I love Hawai‘i but sometimes the cost of living get's to you, and the fact that it takes a lot of money to take the family on a trip to ANYWHERE.

• 1 month later...