ARC Discussion Forums
Rotorman

Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Hi.

I just read that Academy is coming out with a Seahawk in 1/35 scale...thats so awesome however i cant find a release date on it. Anybody with more info?

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

It was announced a while ago here. It is supposed to be out in Nov. It looks like it will be pretty nice.

ipms2014_15.jpg

ipms2014_22.jpg

ipms2014_23.jpg

The new sprue with the Naval parts looks pretty good. It looks to have the folding rotors and rotor head, new IP and glare shield with extended part, new pilots doors, FLIR and surfboard parts, missile warning detectors, new internal aux fuel tank, extended step-fairings below the pilot's doors, and a bunch more parts I can't make out. It should be a good kit. I'll be getting one for sure.

ACA12120A.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Hey-

Right, I have to get one also. Lot's of interesting possibilities with this one. It's also cleared for rockets, let's hope it includes some rocket pods. A cool scratchbuilding project would be to build the 20mm Fixed Forward Firing Gun. Or even the mine hunting or Air Ambulance configurations. Great Stuff.

Although I guess if I needed to pick nits, the .50 cal gun mount is not even close to correct. It can carry the gun, just the mount is wrong.

Nice to see the Navy getting some attention. Now we just need a Romeo.

Phil

Edited by Par429

I would LOVE it if they scaled back to 1/48...

Please Santa? I have been extra good!

50 bucks shipping to the US? No thank you.. I will wait. May need to get a "few" of these babies. Now someone needs to start making some decals for these

HobbyEasy's shipping on their website is just an estimate, and usually a very high estimate. Once you place an order, they send you the actual shipping cost, which is usually much less. I'm sure the shipping will be reasonable once the model actually arrives and the actual shipping cost is calculated.

I am sure Scalehobbiest will have it for around $67.00 with $9.95 shipping. I am planning on getting one.

Mike

I can wait a bit if I am going to save some $. It is not like I do not have anything to build. I am not sure when they are going to get it but like I said I can wait.

Mike

It looks like this one will come w/a couple different decal options. It is looking better all the time.

10653673_10152689331765250_3875349417497325682_n.jpg?oh=6fe5b4d550a3e0b7ad331abe2759f404&oe=54AA0875&__gda__=1422396960_0648c3ca3caba5bcdf9d70b513617c6a

Link to sprue shots, including new Naval sprue. It looks like the decals sheet has markings for 3 different helos.

Edited by HeavyArty

So I guess it will be available the end of october according to my hobby shop. I was looking at the sprues that Heavy arty linked and from what i see from an old Blackhawk I had it looks like few changes with the Navy one. I was hoping for more Naval stuff in the kit like...Open doors, folded tail and rudder, folded main rotor.

So front office is black and the cargo area is???? anyone has photos of an S version inside?

oliver

So I guess it will be available the end of october according to my hobby shop. I was looking at the sprues that Heavy arty linked and from what i see from an old Blackhawk I had it looks like few changes with the Navy one. I was hoping for more Naval stuff in the kit like...Open doors, folded tail and rudder, folded main rotor.

So front office is black and the cargo area is???? anyone has photos of an S version inside?

oliver

Oliver,

Check your PMs.

mason

HeavyArty

Are You going build this ?

I love to see you do it ..

Rick

I plan on eventually building it. I have a few other builds to get to first.

I guess no one noticed the inaccurate ESSS mount location. Needs to be over fwd bulkhead location, not mid cargo door.