Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

It was announced a while ago here. It is supposed to be out in Nov. It looks like it will be pretty nice.

ipms2014_15.jpg

ipms2014_22.jpg

ipms2014_23.jpg

The new sprue with the Naval parts looks pretty good. It looks to have the folding rotors and rotor head, new IP and glare shield with extended part, new pilots doors, FLIR and surfboard parts, missile warning detectors, new internal aux fuel tank, extended step-fairings below the pilot's doors, and a bunch more parts I can't make out. It should be a good kit. I'll be getting one for sure.

ACA12120A.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Hey-

Right, I have to get one also. Lot's of interesting possibilities with this one. It's also cleared for rockets, let's hope it includes some rocket pods. A cool scratchbuilding project would be to build the 20mm Fixed Forward Firing Gun. Or even the mine hunting or Air Ambulance configurations. Great Stuff.

Although I guess if I needed to pick nits, the .50 cal gun mount is not even close to correct. It can carry the gun, just the mount is wrong.

Nice to see the Navy getting some attention. Now we just need a Romeo.

Phil

Edited by Par429

HobbyEasy's shipping on their website is just an estimate, and usually a very high estimate. Once you place an order, they send you the actual shipping cost, which is usually much less. I'm sure the shipping will be reasonable once the model actually arrives and the actual shipping cost is calculated.

• 2 weeks later...

I can wait a bit if I am going to save some $. It is not like I do not have anything to build. I am not sure when they are going to get it but like I said I can wait.

Mike

So I guess it will be available the end of october according to my hobby shop. I was looking at the sprues that Heavy arty linked and from what i see from an old Blackhawk I had it looks like few changes with the Navy one. I was hoping for more Naval stuff in the kit like...Open doors, folded tail and rudder, folded main rotor.

So front office is black and the cargo area is???? anyone has photos of an S version inside?

oliver

So I guess it will be available the end of october according to my hobby shop. I was looking at the sprues that Heavy arty linked and from what i see from an old Blackhawk I had it looks like few changes with the Navy one. I was hoping for more Naval stuff in the kit like...Open doors, folded tail and rudder, folded main rotor.

So front office is black and the cargo area is???? anyone has photos of an S version inside?

oliver

Oliver,

Check your PMs.

mason