Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Hey-

I'd be carefull with the above photos. Super 68 is not an MH-60S. The MH-60S cabin ceilings I have seen are covered with some type of panels, although I don't know if all of them are this way. Here's a pic from an Air Ambulance configured MH-60S which were made from basic Block 1 helos:

IMGP1451_zpsa84c1be5.jpg

This photo is from this series:

http://svsm.org/gallery/MH-60S

Here's a more recent pic of an MH-60S fleet aircraft. It looks like this one also has panels on the ceiling:

100303-N-3885H-027_zps6d486a6c.jpg

I'm going through my other photos, it seems like I remmember some without these panels.

Phil

Hey-

I'd be carefull with the above photos. Super 68 is not an MH-60S. The MH-60S cabin ceilings I have seen are covered with some type of panels, although I don't know if all of them are this way. Here's a pic from an Air Ambulance configured MH-60S which were made from basic Block 1 helos:

This photo is from this series:

http://svsm.org/gallery/MH-60S

Here's a more recent pic of an MH-60S fleet aircraft. It looks like this one also has panels on the ceiling:

I'm going through my other photos, it seems like I remmember some without these panels.

Phil

Phil,

I hear ya man, I just post what I'm asked. It's a Hawk so I plead ignorance!

Ray

Phil,

I hear ya man, I just post what I'm asked. It's a Hawk so I plead ignorance!

Ray

No worries, Ray.

I'm continually surprised by the many differences, both big and small, between all the members of the Hawk family.

Phil

The MH-60S above has the standard OD Green sound-proofing blankets on the ceiling.

Standard Army MH-60L/Ms also have this soundproofing on the ceiling.

UH-60A_36.jpg

UH-60A%20MedEvac%20Blackhawk%20020.jpg

The 160th removes this soundproofing since they add and remove wiring and equipment to the aircraft often (depending on the mission), which it makes it easier to do so. Also, there really isn't a need for soundproofing when you fly without doors/doors open most of the time anyways.

Edited by HeavyArty

20141207_141013_zpseb911e55.jpg

What are you using as a reference for your ceiling layout? It doesn't look like any actual H-60 ceiling w/out soundproofing I have seen.

Typical layout.

Rear wall to the left.

UH-60A_45.jpg

Trans drip pan near center.

UH-60A_44.jpg

Gunners' seats to right.

17.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

I will be building an exposed roof, don't think it will be on this MH-60S though, so no time soon. I'm sure it will look good when done, just not very accurate. I would at least redo the trans drip pan to be more accurate. The other area is all the hoses(?), they look off to me, they should be wire bundles. Lastly, by building it on top of the existing roof, the cabin height will now be too low. To do it right, you really need to cut away the existing roof and build it with the lowest portion being even with the existing roof line. Don't get me wrong, it will look awesome. I just like to build with a little more accuracy. To each their own.