Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

.Oliver did you quote somewhere about adding future to paint , then airbrush ?

If so Why ?

If not sorry for asking

Rick

Rick

never added future to paint but once your helo is painted you can spray it with future or a glossy coat.

Edited by Rotorman

I have one thing to add. If the build of the helicopter is accurate or not, I am enjoying watching this build because I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ACCURATE!! The Huey that Oliver built had to be the most fantastic build that I have seen. To take that long and build a huey that fascinates a lot of people (including the people that were judging his build that gave him the awards), is amazing.

Now my build is not accurate and neither is Oliver, but I am not looking at his build to look for inaccuracies. I am watching his build becasue he gives me tips on how to make a model look better and become a better modeller. The airbrushing, the washes and the scratch building is what I am taking from this build. I do not care if every crook and cranny is accurate.

In my opinion, it does not matter if you get all the AM parts and PE parts for a particular build because it will never be dead accurate. I am not dogging you HeavyArty but please remember when you look at my Blackhawk, I told everyone in the beginning of my build that the helicopter was not a accurate depiction of a BlackHawk.

But a lot of people will take different things from looking at a build. If you are one of the ones that is looking for accuracy, that is up to you. But I am amazed at what Oliver does, inaccurate or not, his building skills and his scratch building skills are amazing.

Just wanted to give my two cents toward the conversation.

The model looks great Oliver, accurate or not!

Richard

How about all of us (myself included) just quit hijacking Oliver's thread and give this accuracy thing a rest!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

Best idea I've heard in a while.

I had my 2 cents on the pillar thing due to that certain individual pulling this wonderful build of Olivers to threads accuracy wise when he cant even make his own build accurate or take the 'constructive criticisms' he so freely dishes out.

Enough from me on that front.

Cant wait to see more progress on this Oliver. It is truly inspiring, as with your Huey build, I have learned so much. I think what I like most is the 'cleanliness' of your work.

Chris

Oliver, are you somewhat close to painting? the thing I enjoy more than your building is your painting, although you have explained more than once how you achieve it I never seem to catch the step by step, so you'll have to get there so I can catch a bit of that technique

Oliver, are you somewhat close to painting? the thing I enjoy more than your building is your painting, although you have explained more than once how you achieve it I never seem to catch the step by step, so you'll have to get there so I can catch a bit of that technique

Here, here. I can agree with that!

Richard

I had my 2 cents on the pillar thing due to that certain individual pulling this wonderful build of Olivers to threads accuracy wise when he cant even make his own build accurate or take the 'constructive criticisms' he so freely dishes out.

I take constructive criticism just fine. We just disagree on the pillars since I have pics of the CC pillars in D/H models and have seen them in N models. You just won't accept it. So, as I said before, we will just have to agree to disagree. Let it go man.

Edited by HeavyArty

Hi my friends

I think we should look that with a different point of view. Modelling is now an art, we do not just put a model together and dip it in some paint.

So, look what happend with canvas paint : there are different schools.

There is a "realist" school, where you try to get a paint as if you see the real thing, with every tiny detail. And when you visit a museum, you can see some amazing paints. Some of you tend to this school.

There is an impressionist school, where you try to give some impression, wind, sun, etc and there are also some marvelous paints of this school in museums. Some of you tend more to this side.

and other school are also enjoyable : icons, new art, etc...

I understand Oliver, when he asks for some details, it's to get what he want to give us. He needs our help as you (the reader) and me. We should take that with humility : our informations was used an other way we thought, that's all.

Do not fight school against school, that is pure lost of time and energy, and make people thinking bad. I enjoy your different builds, please keep modeling, each in his way, and let me see some more beauties, different beauties but beauties anyway.

Norbert

Hi my friends

I think we should look that with a different point of view. Modelling is now an art, we do not just put a model together and dip it in some paint.

So, look what happend with canvas paint : there are different schools.

There is a "realist" school, where you try to get a paint as if you see the real thing, with every tiny detail. And when you visit a museum, you can see some amazing paints. Some of you tend to this school.

There is an impressionist school, where you try to give some impression, wind, sun, etc and there are also some marvelous paints of this school in museums. Some of you tend more to this side.

and other school are also enjoyable : icons, new art, etc...

I understand Oliver, when he asks for some details, it's to get what he want to give us. He needs our help as you (the reader) and me. We should take that with humility : our informations was used an other way we thought, that's all.

Do not fight school against school, that is pure lost of time and energy, and make people thinking bad. I enjoy your different builds, please keep modeling, each in his way, and let me see some more beauties, different beauties but beauties anyway.

Norbert

Exceptionally well spoken.

circleredX

Edited by circleredX

Hi

its taking shape but still a good amount of small details to be added before paint. I want to build all the stuff in the cockpit/cargo area before any painting,I will be using various shades of black and I want to make sure everything flows together.

I did lower my seats, they were a bit too high.

20150222_135627_zpsbf584037.jpg

20150222_135923_zpsd36b57d3.jpg

20150222_140200_zpsee0963c0.jpg

20150222_140651_zpsbf2719a2.jpg

20150222_140328_zpsf9870859.jpg

20150222_160441_zps9583a28f.jpg

20150222_160515_zpsd8bf8390.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Started painting my various paint samples for the interior..will post later kn that.

Added wiring by front windshield.

Spent afternoon fixing remaining issues.

Windshield has gap in the middle...i think this kit is gonna be a fight till the end.

Oliver

20150228_163440_zpsypapiara.jpg

20150228_163525_zpsrxskg3f4.jpg

20150228_163827_zpsvvn6skan.jpg

20150228_164122_zpswf3gorww.jpg

20150228_164122_zpswf3gorww.jpg

20150228_163958_zpse8ov4ody.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Very nice .. I cant wait to see how u fix the front ..

Rick

Hi Rick

I think i will either add small strip at the bottom and built it up from there, I may rectify during the gluing of the two halves.

Oliver