Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

I just joined a model club called the "Red Flag scale modellers." Does your club have a facebook page or a website? I would like to see more about the club.

Richard

Its called The Los Angles Miniaturists society.

Hi Oliver

Normaly no tow tractor on frigate, they use the little cart you see on your picture. you can imagine the scene on a LHD ship.

But a frigate scene is also great

Norbert

Hi Oliver

Normaly no tow tractor on frigate, they use the little cart you see on your picture. you can imagine the scene on a LHD ship.

But a frigate scene is also great

Norbert

I did not know that..thanks.

What's LHD?

I do want to use the tractor so may have to change this idea..

Edited by Rotorman

I am looking for a tight photos of the hydraulics system above the cockpit and one photo or photos without anything installed. I am trying to duplicate the ribbing/rivets and various brackets. Help.Thanks

Oliver

Oliver just fyi, I don't think that the cover on the top of the hydraulic deck cover behind the upper wire strike cutter is actually there, at least not on any Blackhawk I have seen. The hydraulic cover is a one piece fiberglass cover and the support struts for the wire strike go to the back end of the cover and are riveted into place. The pics in the instructions are wrong in the placement of the upper cutter so check pics and see how far it needs to move and the angle of the arms and that will help. The darker area that is in the pics posted above are non slip coated area's and you see in them that there is no hinges for the cover as you have. Erick

Oliver just fyi, I don't think that the cover on the top of the hydraulic deck cover behind the upper wire strike cutter is actually there, at least not on any Blackhawk I have seen. The hydraulic cover is a one piece fiberglass cover and the support struts for the wire strike go to the back end of the cover and are riveted into place. The pics in the instructions are wrong in the placement of the upper cutter so check pics and see how far it needs to move and the angle of the arms and that will help. The darker area that is in the pics posted above are non slip coated area's and you see in them that there is no hinges for the cover as you have. Erick

Eric, Thanks so much for that info...why did Academy make it look like a somekind of door..ARRGGhh!!! I thought it was there for extra room to work on the hydraulics. Someone needs to make a new book on the many versions of the Blackhawk.. I think the Squadron's one is outdated.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Oliver, do you plan on modelling the hydrauic deck with all the pumps, generators and flight controls?

If so, you are a brave man!

Good luck my friend! Like you need it!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes thats the plan but I have no idea how to do it yet. lacking tight photos.

Oliver