Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Oliver,

You're tedious eye for the little detail in every piece is overwhelming. Can you give a little insight with a few pictures how you come up with the rod and bolts for the hinged assembly. What I am trying to ask, is can you show us how you create these small pieces. Stretched sprue (which is mind boggling, or you have some type of evergreen stock? I am just blow away at how a human being can create such small intricate detail in what seems such a small time.

You truly are a creative artist.

-Jim

Oliver,

You're tedious eye for the little detail in every piece is overwhelming. Can you give a little insight with a few pictures how you come up with the rod and bolts for the hinged assembly. What I am trying to ask, is can you show us how you create these small pieces. Stretched sprue (which is mind boggling, or you have some type of evergreen stock? I am just blow away at how a human being can create such small intricate detail in what seems such a small time.

You truly are a creative artist.

-Jim

Thanks Jim. Glad u like.

I use styrene rods in various sizes and small strips cut to size for the hinges. I do not use stretched sprue whatsoever. The bolts are from a punch and die set from WWM.

I hope this helps.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

I drilled out the mesh from the kit to replace them with Eduard PE but once that was done there is a big hole so I added an inside wall and detailed the inside a bit.

I made a mistake with the exhausts so I remade the whole thing from my spare kit.20160320_164350_zps0npnysit.jpg

mind blowing! you're gonna have so much fun when the painting starts!! have you decided on the scheme yet? I remember reading you didn't like the red trident much...

Hi Kike,

I won't do the Trident scheme, I like the red tail with the Japanese flag on the side of the helo.

oliver