Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Why did you cut all the nose section?

Looks pretty good. Im dealing with the B pillar gaps right now. Im filling them up with putty and styrene.

Good luck with the roof and floor gaps, now those are a PITA.

Rod.

Why did you cut all the nose section?

Looks pretty good. Im dealing with the B pillar gaps right now. Im filling them up with putty and styrene.

Good luck with the roof and floor gaps, now those are a PITA.

Rod.

Hi Rod,

Just finished dealing with the gaps...it took a while, you can speed up the process by using CA instead of putty. I cut the nose section in order to have a tight fit for the avionics bay. There was too many sides and angles to match up and the way the cockpit is designed i was not able to line everything up correctly, It is more work and it looking pretty ugly right now but i think i got it handled.....I hope.

will post photos of the Frankenstein nose later.

Oliver

I'm sure you have tons of reference pics, but I found this on IG from a MH-60S, or at least that's whay it said, I hope you find it useful

FullSizeRender_zps3mkyj3qo.jpg

How's the fit of the wind shield on this one?

I'm sure you have tons of reference pics, but I found this on IG from a MH-60S, or at least that's whay it said, I hope you find it useful

FullSizeRender_zps3mkyj3qo.jpg

How's the fit of the wind shield on this one?

Thanks so much for that photo...I did not have any photos on that.

Second application of preshading. I use white first to accent the edges where the sun would hit most then I added some shading in Nato black in some of the holes in the floor finished by a blue shading inside some of the panels also on the floor....let dry overnight to get ready for main color. The tank was primed with a lighter base coat and I added blue swirls in the front to break the color pattern from the floor. The tank will be painted a different color from the main cabin..

20160616_133754_zpsmgltzfpd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...