Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

14 hours ago, Rotorman said:

Since the tractors did not come with the anti skid coating on them I had to add the texture to them using thin sand mixed with Tamiya paint.20170426_110710_zpsaz4vxdma.jpg

Oliver, what is your technique for that?  Do you add it to the paint and spray it?  If so, how does that work in an airbrush?

9 hours ago, Rotorman said:

I mixed Tamiya paint with the sand and rolled it on the tractors with the small roller...sand in airbrush ...big no no.

I guess that was what I was kinda thinking.  Could not imagine spraying sand, but then i was not imagining using a roller on a scale model either.  Hahaha!  I wouldnlove tonsee that roller!

4 minutes ago, JesusNut said:

I guess that was what I was kinda thinking.  Could not imagine spraying sand, but then i was not imagining using a roller on a scale model either.  Hahaha!  I wouldnlove tonsee that roller!

scroll up there is a pic of the roller

53 minutes ago, UH-1Mad said:

scroll up there is a pic of the roller

Yep.  I somehow missed that roller right in the middle of that picture.  I was too impressed with the model and didn't pay attention to the tools.  Thanks!

Gino,

I tried the cans but I was not happy with the results,( I did use  it for the deck though) It might be out of scale for your taste on the tractors and Im ok with that. Thanks for checking in.

Oliver