Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

This is kind of different..i think I might add this on the other side of the helo.

On a another note, does anyone know what is that wavy Rectangle item on the ceiling. Looking for additional photos if anybody has them.

20170704_173340_zpsiltzuxd8.jpg

20170704_173259_zpsnqethq3v.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, Rotorman said:

...and here are all the figures for the dio..time to start painting.

Theas figures look awesome. I spend a good amount of time out on carrier flight decks for my job and have to say they are spot on, and are the best I have seen.

Brandon

20170624_070302_zpskmusdzpw.jpg

Hey-

That Rube Goldberg machine is the CSTRS (Carriage, Stream, Tow and Recovery System, or C-STARS as it's called).  It's a mission kit for the MH-60S that allow the Sierra to carry mine hunting gear. 

You really bit off a lot trying to replicate this system,  As you can see the AN/AQS-235 AMNS (Airborne Mine Neutralization System, the above store) is not pylon mounted but hanging from a cable so it can be lowered into the water and then recovered,  The big sled looking part hinges down to help recover the AMNS when reeling it back up.  That big black blob in the cabin is a large winch.  On the real aircraft, the mine hunting gear is mounted left side only because the winch sits that way and it's not compatible with any other mission due the all the stuff in the cabin to support this gear.  In addition to the winch, there's an operator console, etc.  It's a pretty neat system, but pretty complex from a model point of view.

Good Luck!

Phil

Hi Phil

thanks so much for the clarification of the AN/AQS 235. i agree its a hard piece of modeling to do. Its such a cool item for this helo. Will see hard it turns out. I am looking for any additional photos if anyone can help. I won't be adding anything in the inside since that would require to redo my interior...oh wait.

Oliver

I won't be adding anything in the inside since that would require to redo my interior...oh wait.

Oliver

I knew this was going to happen!! the good thing is that everytime it gets better and better! keep building Oliver! good show!

Edited by kike
  • 2 weeks later...