Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

On 28/9/2017 at 4:41 AM, Rotorman said:

Not so much lately. Changing the position of the flir from bottom to top.

20170917_125404_zpsnokuyqjn.jpg

But that would not be correct for a Sierra, would it? AFAIK only the Romeos have the FLIR mounted this way. Also, the platform would be different (at least if it's a Romeo).

Jens

Greg.

Thanks for comments. I am not planning to mold the Flir part however I am in the process of finishing the M197 gun..

You might want to add it to your aftermarket parts.

20170505_141810_zps36gtddo7.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Thanks Rod.

I can start painting the cockpit....again.

Getting rid of the gaps was a long process with the addition of the Eduard PE. I used plastic putty to blend everything. It can be smoothed out with water ... faster drying time easier  to use than Mr surfacer...in my opinion.

20171104_150240_zpsxutyixmr.jpg

20171104_150257_zpsnqfet3ax.jpg

20171104_150449_zpsgn2humyq.jpg

20171104_150325_zpsckrxwr0i.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Glued the first pylon on and primed the gun and inserted pins to hold it in place. I decided to keep the fuselage together since i want to add a brace inside  the cabin roof. I am puzzled to where the pylons braces attach on the fuselage, i guests i will add  small tabs on the fuselage.

20171105_115908_zpsb8f0tlns.jpg

20171105_120356_zpssti4b4kl.jpg

20171105_115716_zpssvo7hzbz.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

I am puzzled to where the pylons braces attach on the fuselage...

You have the wrong parts that surround the strut opening for the ESSS wings (pylons).  Parts L24 and L25 have the attachment points for the ESSS support rods.  You have used parts D41 and D42 (used when the ESSS wings are not attached), which have covers over the support rod attachment points, the two rounded protrusions. 

Edited by HeavyArty
25 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

You have the wrong parts that surround the strut opening for the ESSS wings (pylons).  Parts L24 and L25 have the attachment points for the ESSS support rods.  You have used parts D41 and D42 (used when the ESSS wings are not attached), which have covers over the support rod attachment points, the two rounded protrusions. 

Gino,

You are right I did use the wrong parts...ooops. will try to fix that. Thanks for your help. I just looked at it, i think I can add the little tabs from the part. 

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Here are some photos I cropped in from USN photos I found on the USN web page. You can see the parts for the attachment points for the ESSS wings pylon support rods.  Also shown are some with the support rods in place. These are the best ones I found.

oqEdeIN.jpg

t4KMZwu.jpg

bYBrcam.jpg

QR4oqXP.jpg

DIGbyDC.jpg

8pefrkc.jpg

VAMZLqg.jpg

This one shows the inside attachment point on the pylon.

U7TU0At.jpg

Twong,

Great photos. Thanks so much for posting. I was looking for photos of the pylons for detailing. I am aware that the attachments are wrong, I made a mistake and this is the best I can do to fix it at this point...its gonna stay that way. 

oliver

Here are some more details that Academy missed if you want to add them.

The cabin doors have a notch in the forward upper part of the door on both doors. You can see what I mean where the red arrows are.

DGrzf1F.jpg

This next image shows the part that the notch in the cabin door fits into when they slide the doors shut.

XsuNw9a.jpg

Academy provided the rectangular vent part as a decal but if you want to do it yourself this image shows the real thing. EDIT: Also, that little notch at the rear of the cabin door is only on the starboard side.

a6ANcR3.jpg

Edited by twong

Great job!

The notch at the rear of the cabin door is only on the starboard side. Here are a couple more images showing the starboard and port side cabin doors.

H7O7lwq.jpg

gN0qOTR.jpg

Here is one more showing the vent on the starboard side. Academy also gives a decal for the access panel door below the vent. Did you scribe in a new access panel?

xnqL0fW.jpg

Edited by twong