Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

I got them from the official USN website. I went to images and then in the search bar I typed in MH-60S.

Here is the official USN image page.

http://www.navy.mil/viewGallery.asp

Here are the results from entering MH-60S in the search bar. There are 250 pages. When you see an image you like, click it and a pop up comes up and you can download the hi-res image.

http://www.navy.mil/gallery_search_results.asp?terms=MH-60S&page=2&r=4

I am doing an Italeri 1/48 MH-60K that I am converting to an MH-60S and the Italeri kit needs a ton of work so I researched a lot about the MH-60S. A lot of stuff especially the interior I have to scratch build myself including the side walls on both sides of the cabin and the GAU-21 weapons system but I am nowhere near as good as you. I am also using the Olimp resin set and a lot of Eduard PE. A lot of the Eduard MH-60G and MH-60K PE parts can be used on the MH-60S. The Olimp set gives you the ESSS pylons, the C/F dispensers, the FLIR and mount and some smaller external bits. I got some spare parts from an Italeri HH-60H as well to add some specific USN parts to it. I have very little done so far so no real progress to show.

Edited by twong

My original plan was to do a USN medevac but that one turned out to be harder than doing one with the weapons and ESSS pylons. The medevac version has the EIBF (engine inlet barrier filter) which no one makes in 1/48 and I have no actual dimensions to make my own from scratch. They also use a different C/F dispenser. That is easy to get though as it is the same as on the AH-1W and it mounts onto the ESSS attachment points but it has another bracket at the top of the C/F dispenser.

Here is what the USN medevac looks like with the EIBF and C/F dispenser.

2szGfkG.jpg

Head on shot of an MH-60S medevac with the EIBF.

Excerpt from the Intake design patent found online.

The nacelle has a forward-facing door which is movable between a closed position and an open position. A conventional actuator (not shown) for moving the door is located in the interior of the nacelle. During normal operation, the door remains closed so that all intake air must enter the nacelle in a generally radial direction through one of the filters in a corresponding filter panel. During operation when the filters have become laden with dirt or become clogged, the door is opened, defining an alternate, bypass passageway so that the engine has sufficient air to continue operation. The door is swept at an acute angle with respect to the forward direction to reduce aerodynamic drag and reduce impact force from bird strikes.

XxGGTbN.jpg

Some HH-60H's had the EIBF as well late in their career.

oBtQAyU.jpg

I found these EIBF diagrams from the patent site but they are not to scale and have no dimensions.

US07192462-20070320-D00002.png

US07192462-20070320-D00000.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rotorman said:

Thanks Greg.

20171124_153506_zpsoy4zxgwx.jpg

Oliver,

This stuff is absolutely stunning. I'm sure you have to resin cast it! Yes, you must resin cast them to make other rotorheads happy, who fond of MH 60 much. 

Cheers!

Alexander

9 hours ago, Eastern said:

Oliver,

This stuff is absolutely stunning. I'm sure you have to resin cast it! Yes, you must resin cast them to make other rotorheads happy, who fond of MH 60 much. 

Cheers!

Alexander

Hi Alex,

Glad to hear u like it. Hoping to finish them this weekend. Wont cast them.