Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Amazing work!! I really like the colours "blending" effect you have achieved Oliver, in the cockpit/cabin.

Just one question; I have a 1/32 Revell Huey and some 1/35 Dragon 'Vietnam-era' figures, and I was thinking of making a diorama with both, however, I was wondering do you think that it is possible to combine these two (perhaps the figures will look a bit small....)?

Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by SERNAK
1 hour ago, SERNAK said:

Just one question; I have a 1/32 Revell Huey and some 1/35 Dragon 'Vietnam-era' figures, and I was thinking of making a diorama with both, however, I was wondering do you think that it is possible to combine these two (perhaps the figures will look a bit small....)?

Yes, you can combine 1/35 figures and 1/32 aircraft w/out issue.  The key is to keep constant-sized items (canteens, weapons, water cans, etc.) in the same scale.  People come in all sizes, so no issues.  I have used 1/35 figures and armor/accessories with 1/32 aircraft/helos many times.

5 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Yes, you can combine 1/35 figures and 1/32 aircraft w/out issue.  The key is to keep constant-sized items (canteens, weapons, water cans, etc.) in the same scale.  People come in all sizes, so no issues.  I have used 1/35 figures and armor/accessories with 1/32 aircraft/helos many times.

Many Thanks for your reply. I'll try to find items such as the ones you're mentioning, to compare them with what Dragon has in the figures' box.

1 hour ago, SERNAK said:

Many Thanks for your reply. I'll try to find items such as the ones you're mentioning, to compare them with what Dragon has in the figures' box.

The ones in the Dragon sets are fine.  What I meant was don't mix 1/32 canteens with 1/35 canteens, or 1/32 M1 Garands with 1/35 M1 Garands and so forth.  Keep all the constant-sized items in the same scale, whatever that scale is.  The scales look fine togther to my eyes.

Not mine, but here are some examples of 1/35 figures w/the Revell 1/32 Huey.

UH-1D_Dio.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ--QmduVDGnzl41jR-eP_

02.jpg03.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

5 hours ago, SERNAK said:

Great samples of work.

I had a second thought on whether the M60/M16s that Dragon gives would look OK. However, after reading your comment, I obviously need to find some 1/32 weaponry. 

The 1/35 M16s and M60 look fine w/the 1/32 helo.  The weapons should be in the same scale as the figures though.

Edited by HeavyArty
20 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Amazing Oliver!  I realize I have said this many times, but man, you are an inspiration to new guys like me who hope to one day be able to replicate something even close to this.

Thanks. Keep at it and try new things. Don't get caught in the accurate spin. Accuracy in my book has a way of narrowing vision of the final product. 

Oliver

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

Thanks. Keep at it and try new things. Don't get caught in the accurate spin. Accuracy in my book has a way of narrowing vision of the final product. 

Oliver

Excellent advice Oliver, as I sometimes get bogged down in the details.  I will keep this in mind as I move forward.

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

Amazing, just amazing!

Slow but steady you are approaching the home stretch.

Still I hope to see her completed in all her glory before I retire.  LOL

Cheers!

Alexander

when do u retire?....lol