Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Hi

Taking a break from fuselage painting and getting back onto dio pieces. I used a combination of aged white and flat brown. Still need to do some red work and a wash. My issues was dealing white flat white...it just looked too clean for the deck. Not a fan of white anyway but it's taking shape slowly.

20180420_110623_zpsmnewjxli.jpg

20180420_110628_zpstbioldxf.jpg

20180416_171314_zpsixqnshzw.jpg

20180420_162643_zpsexxkciuz.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
  • 2 weeks later...

The way you have the tow bar and the white tug arrayed is impossible.  The tow bar needs to be turned around.  The two open ends attach to the rear wheels and the round end attaches to the towing vehicle.  Also, the white tug doesn't use a tow bar.  The two pins on the open end attach to the wheels and pulls the aircraft directly.  Lastly, the white tug is not used on helicopters.  It is specifically designed to fit under the nose of an airplane and move it around below decks.  The tow bars are used on deck with the larger tugs.

Edited by HeavyArty
35 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

The way you have the tow bar and the white tug arrayed is impossible.  The tow bar needs to be turned around.  The two open ends attach to the rear wheels and the round end attaches to the towing vehicle.  Also, the white tug doesn't use a tow bar.  The two pins on the open end attach to the wheels and pulls the aircraft directly.  Lastly, the white tug is not used on helicopters.  It is specifically designed to fit under the nose of an airplane and move it around below decks.  The tow bars are used on deck with the larger tugs.

I just found out few days ago that the white tug doesn't use a tow bar to move helicopters but you are incorrect about the white tug(called spotting dolly) not being used on helicopters. The dio was designed before all that info came and placement and design might have to be moved around to accommodate those changes...not sure if I want to change it.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the info.

Oliver

20180511_172542_zpsehl0k7fb.jpg

Edited by Rotorman