Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

On 6/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, Rotorman said:

"I think your dio is SPECTACULAR but mule and tow bar must be white color ."

Seen them in yellow as well as white.

Yes, they should be white.  Since the mid-90s when the MD-3A tow tractor (yellow standard color) was replaced with the newer A/S-32A-31A model, which is the modern one and comes standard in white.

10286954_685079378214410_746374516474340

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5bm3HCuMTpFFSNKBqwaaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaN5XqcDF6pEKZKPz4taG

Edited by HeavyArty
4 hours ago, Rotorman said:

My dio is an US Navy helicopter carrier and not an aircraft carrier..

??? What would the difference be?  There is no such thing as a US Navy Helicopter Carrier though.  There are LHAs (Landing Helicopter Assualt) which are mini aircraft carriers for USMC helicopters, fixed wing VTOL, and VSTOL aircraft.  The deck tractors are the same on them as on an aircraft carrier though.  I get it, you are more interested in how it looks than any form of realism.  Just reinforcing what someone else was asking about for those who may be interested in realism.

17854893_1940574626171921_47574014100018

Edited by HeavyArty
3 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

??? What would the difference be?  There is no such thing as a US Navy Helicopter Carrier though.  There are LHAs (Landing Helicopter Assualt) which are mini aircraft carriers for USMC helicopters, fixed wing VTOL, and VSTOL aircraft.  The deck tractors are the same on them as on an aircraft carrier though.  I get it, you are more interested in how it looks than any form of realism.  Just reinforcing what someone else was asking about for those who may be interested in realism.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeBl7UQnC-moxWoTxcAyh

Although you might be right on the realism part, I agree with Oliver on the yellow giving a better colour contrast and make for a more interesting diorama. Also, I strongly believe there should always be room for the modelers artistic license, thus making it his/her own. If we all did the exact same thing because reality dictates it, it would be a very boring hobby. Heck, a lot of model genres wouldn’t even exist.... 

Oliver, sterling job on your build and progress. I for one am loving it, especially because you’re making it yours. Keep doing your own thing!

3 hours ago, SeakingPilot said:

Although you might be right on the realism part, I agree with Oliver on the yellow giving a better colour contrast and make for a more interesting diorama. Also, I strongly believe there should always be room for the modelers artistic license, thus making it his/her own. If we all did the exact same thing because reality dictates it, it would be a very boring hobby. Heck, a lot of model genres wouldn’t even exist.... 

Oliver, sterling job on your build and progress. I for one am loving it, especially because you’re making it yours. Keep doing your own thing!

been down that road before... 

Rotorman, your build makes me feel so inadequate, yet inspired.  I am eagerly awaiting to see this elusive -60 being built though 😂😂😂

In all seriousness man, you keep doing you and putting us all to shame!  It’s a pleasure to watch.  

It must be really hard to see only the "bad" in such a beautiful job! this accuracy argument seems to never get to an end! just keep doing what you do Oliver please! most of us are really enjoying it!

10 hours ago, kike said:

It must be really hard to see only the "bad" in such a beautiful job! this accuracy argument seems to never get to an end! just keep doing what you do Oliver please! most of us are really enjoying it!

Why is it that no one can say anything other than "Wow, I am amazed at how great this looks"? 

I never said it looks bad or wasn't good, nor did I demand anything be changed.  I was  just commenting on someone else's question as to the accuracy of the color used.  I have said in the past that he is doing a great job, just not my cup of tea on the side of accuracy.  It is a shame that this site is getting as bad as the rediculous political climate where no one can say anything without getting yelled down because it is not what everyone else in the group thinks.  Quite sad that dissenting comments can't be given.  

Edited by HeavyArty

I think it stems from the fact there was a HUGE blowout over accuracy on this build a while back.  It’s been well established that this build has never been, nor will ever be accurate. Everyone has acknowledged and moved on, there’s no need to beat the dead horse.  

No one is caving to PC here, we’re just trying to enjoy the build and avoid drama. 

That being said, there’s also a difference between saying, “Hey just a heads up, all tractors are white now” and then commenting several times while flooding the board with pictures of white tractors.

I understand your draw towards accuracy. It literally drives me INSANE when things aren’t accurate, but as a builder I’m learning FAR more concerned about watching his process and build come to life than he (or anyone else watching) is from me pointing out “we don’t do things this way in the real world.”