Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

The deck and vehicles are great, Oliver, but personally, I am glad to see the HELO coming together!  Just out of curiosity, how do you clean your airbrush between colors?  It looks like you spray a dozen colors at one session and I try to clean mine out thoroughly between colors.  I'm guessing you don't do that or you'd never get finished!   It's coming on great though.

Ray

5 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

The deck and vehicles are great, Oliver, but personally, I am glad to see the HELO coming together!  Just out of curiosity, how do you clean your airbrush between colors?  It looks like you spray a dozen colors at one session and I try to clean mine out thoroughly between colors.  I'm guessing you don't do that or you'd never get finished!   It's coming on great though.

Ray

Hi Ray,

yes finally back on the helo.  the only time i clean my airbrush thoroughly  is when I spray silver colors. In between paint sessions I use windex to wipe off the last color and the tip.....so kind of cleaning....

3 hours ago, Rotorman said:

Hi Ray,

yes finally back on the helo.  the only time i clean my airbrush thoroughly  is when I spray silver colors. In between paint sessions I use windex to wipe off the last color and the tip.....so kind of cleaning....

And you don't get clogging?  I assume this is all acrylic paint?

Ray

32 minutes ago, UH-1Mad said:

beautiful!

Oliver - how are you doing the fittings on the hoses/lines? Looks great

Chris.

Thanks. I made them with a makita drill and a small file as well as some from Detail Masters.

6 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

That engine is amazing looking! What size detail master fittings did you use?

Tim

i used . DM 3091 combination fitting #1 . size/diameter is 0.0020   glad u like the engine since you are very familiar with them.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Huh, didn't know that was even out. The model is looking good as always. You are the master Oliver!

So, do you spray Windex thru the airbrush to clean it? Do you flush the Windex out with anything?

Tim

Yes I do spray windex thru my airbrush to clean it. I do spray water after to rinse out the windex. I am not sure when the book came out but it has so many great photos to work from.  

Oliver