Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

On 1/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, hawkwrench said:

Heck yeah, I'll be waiting at the mailbox!!!

Seriously, you're hawk detail is just mind-blowing.  Whatcha gonna build next after this?

Tim

Maybe new 1/35 cobra  or kitty hawk mirage 2000 

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Either one, I'll be following you like a model making stalker.

Just make me 1 of your groupie's so I can get a backstage pass on your movie set!

Tim

Tim.

Working on the TV show 911. Come visit anytime.. ur my guest. 

20190104_160752_zpseky289ei.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Either one, I'll be following you like a model making stalker.

Just make me 1 of your groupie's so I can get a backstage pass on your movie set!

Tim

Tim.

Working on the TV show 911. Come visit anytime.. ur my guest

Edited by Rotorman

The MH-60S uses the same mounts as the US Army H-60's. They can be found from Live Resin. Here is a link to Live Resin. Scroll down to LRE 35169 and LRE 35171. The Live Resin site shows some 3D images of how the M240 mounts to the window. For 35171 the mount that holds the M240 is different though but everything else is the same. For what you need LRE 35169 will work.
http://live-resin.com/h-w.html

Here are the two different mounts. First photo shows the one same as LRE 35169 and second photo shows same window mount as on LRE 35171 but the M240 mount is different.

ST56j7J.jpg

apGbPJ3.jpg

1 hour ago, twong said:

The MH-60S uses the same mounts as the US Army H-60's. They can be found from Live Resin. Here is a link to Live Resin. Scroll down to LRE 35169 and LRE 35171. The Live Resin site shows some 3D images of how the M240 mounts to the window. For 35171 the mount that holds the M240 is different though but everything else is the same. For what you need LRE 35169 will work.
http://live-resin.com/h-w.html

Here are the two different mounts. First photo shows the one same as LRE 35169 and second photo shows same window mount as on LRE 35171 but the M240 mount is different.

ST56j7J.jpg

apGbPJ3.jpg

got the mount already. i need to scratchbuilt the gun. thanks for the photos. the gun is the m240 right?

2 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

The gun with the spade grips is an M240D.  It is available from Live-Resin and on Shapeways from a couple different designers.

Thanks Gino, that helps. I see that Live resin a russian company,  no sure if i want to give credit card info them. Does anyone in the US carry live resin?

Oliver

8 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

You can try Sprue Brothers, they may carry it. Check out ,https://models-hobby.com, that's who carries all the Live Resin stuff. It too is a Russian company. I've bought quite a few things from them and nothing funny has happened so far.

Tim

thanks Tim, yeah i saw models hobby last night but stopped ordering when i saw it was russian.  ill check sprue brothers out. 

I have ordered directly from Yaroslav (owner of Live-Resin and Models-Hobby) many times and have had no issues.  He is great to deal with.  They are also on eBay.

Edited by HeavyArty
  • 3 weeks later...

Last pieces of the puzzle.

Now I can finish this build.

Live resin products are beautifully made but so tricky to work with. The resin is so brittle and requires a mini saw to cut the pieces from the pour stubs. Do not use sprue cutter one the parts, they will brea,k. I had to reinforce the parts with small brass rods since i changed the design and folded the gun in a down position. I will prime in grey then use gun metal to paint them.

20190202_120309_zpsjhzykbta.jpg

20190202_124454_zpsd2vngbve.jpg

Edited by Rotorman