Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Yep, I would like to do 2 of them. 1 will be Super 63 in memory of my friend who was the crew chief on 63 that day and I also would like to do Super 62 "Rude Dude" as a thank you to its crew chief for helping us out with info and markings on all the Super 6 helos that we put on our new Irene decal sheet from Wernerswings.

Tim

On 4/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, ALEXANDRE REZENDE said:

Oliver,
I'm happy to be alive and able to follow your fantastic montages!
They have always been an inspiration to my work!
The pictures your friend painted are giving a touch of even greater realism in the composition of your diorama.
Fantastic!

[]s

thank you sir. I will pass on the comments to my figure painting friend in Spain. Ive got 2 weeks off so I plan to get a lot done on the seahawk.

Oliver

The fuselage is finally coming together and I have started gluing the 2 halves.  There is so much torque that  I  needed to start with the tail first then move  forward to the front once its totally glued . I had to wrestle with the kit  in order to make it fit. the cabin roof PE part folded on itself while i was dry fitting the fuselage and the transmission needed extra surgery to make it fit. I need to add 3 rods on the linkage unit since we can see its not attached to anything.  The kit is pretty heavy with all the extra weight, i will drill a metal rods in each wheel strut to support everything.  For the first time in 5 years I feel that i am getting close to the end.

oliver

20190411_141505_zpshcnlgpsp.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Started on tail folding mechanism . I doubt the frame will support the tail, rotor and stabilizer.. I need to install a brass rod for support. Had to make a jig to get the right angle and gluing purpose.

20190417_124908_zps3e5lmygj.jpg

20190417_124856_zpsnqxumzpp.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Great work as always 👍 - first I thought this could be a bit too colourful but it looks interesting. I'm not quite shure about the yellow platform. On most of the pics I found it's just grey.

5 hours ago, ice225 said:

Great work as always 👍 - first I thought this could be a bit too colourful but it looks interesting. I'm not quite shure about the yellow platform. On most of the pics I found it's just grey.

I so agree with you a bit colorful,  I will tone it down once all wires in place.  Once the cover is in place most of the colored wires will  disappear and only a touch of them will be seen. You are correct about the platform not being yellow but grey....creative licensing. 

Oliver

6 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Love the hydraulic deck you've detailed up. Heck, I love all the detail you've created! What did you use for all the wiring?

Tim

computer wires from an electrical shop

Flat coated with  touch of nato black mixed in to blend everything in. Wires are done. Will connect 4 more wires when fuselage painting is done.

20190505_140122_zpsv2sdjklz.jpg

20190505_135631_zps5iunfrwx.jpg

20190505_135724_zpszzplc9lj.jpg

Edited by Rotorman