Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Hello Oliver, can you advice some nessesary materials for Weathering? I want to order Mig Weathering encyclopedia and materials in one order, for my huey project. Don't want to wait each order separately.

6 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

Hello Oliver, can you advice some nessesary materials for Weathering? I want to order Mig Weathering encyclopedia and materials in one order, for my huey project. Don't want to wait each order separately.

I do not use any weathering powders or anything of that sort, it does not look realistic on any helos i have seen so far in my opinion. As far as MIG encyclopedias i would get them all if u can.

2 hours ago, Rotorman said:

I do not use any weathering powders or anything of that sort, it does not look realistic on any helos i have seen so far in my opinion. As far as MIG encyclopedias i would get them all if u can.

Thank you Oliver!

Putty work. Check seams. Apply paint .  Repeat if needed. Slow process. I usually use ca for seam work but my tamiya pi putty was getting old so needed to use. A lot of shrinkage with tamiya so several application is needed.

20190511_140648_zpsnlf8ppqr.jpg

That took more appkication of putty than i thought.

20190512_155835_zpsl5mqsfkw.jpg

20190512_155853_zpsfbxhjrqo.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

I had to cut off the copper and white cylinders coming out of the front transmission, it was too difficult to do a proper paint job (will reglue later) I primed the top in grey to check for flaws on the seams and so far its tight. There are a lot of things to fix on this before the final paint job. I like the idea of the red tie downs on Charlie's Huey that I had to make them for my build..a great touch charlie ,thanks. I am aware the hoist is in the wrong place. I added a light to it and will install a resin lens  after the final paint job.

20190518_170836_zpsomxi14gt.jpg

20190518_171524_zpsjukbqd8e.jpg

20190518_173230_zpsibuxpdqd.jpg

20190518_172909_zpsci511nk1.jpg

20190518_171504_zpsv4bea7k8.jpg

20190518_171248_zpsoqlsnb7v.jpg

20190518_171031_zpsxqhstrhz.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
55 minutes ago, Greg Long said:

Eagerly awaiting to see the finished model but in the meantime it just gets better and better

"EXCELLENT" work

Greg

From Downunder

Thanks Greg.

Pushing forward.

58 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Well I have clearly been off of ARC for too long.  Looking fantastic, Oliver!  

Ray

Thanks Ray.

Worked on the exhaust brackets today. Next are the filters.

20190519_125542_zpsuucqdov4.jpg

20190519_125042_zpswj5rdlfe.jpg

20190519_124959_zpsfxsqzom3.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
21 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

Hi,

I just noticed that there is a second bracket under the exhausts closest to the fuselage.  I am having a hard time finding good ref. photos. Can u guys help? 

Oliver, you mean this three little exhaust supports? IMG_0428.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

yes.  thats close. trying to find how it attaches to the bottom of the exhausts

I have several books about uh/mh family. 

Sure, you have some too. 

Can you tell me, which books exactly you have? Don't want to search in books you already searched.

26 minutes ago, L-GREECO said:

I have several books about uh/mh family. 

Sure, you have some too. 

Can you tell me, which books exactly you have? Don't want to search in books you already searched.

thanks I think ive got it.

Hope so, Oliver. You are welcome. I have an idea, how this 3 short supports can mount to exhaust. There is perpendicular crossbar on exhaust, it looks like stiffener. So I think 2 short supports attaches to inner side of this crossbar, as a longest support. But the shortest support... have no idea how it mounted... 

The best i can do with the ref. photos..thanks again fellows. So little will be seen once the doors on....but its there.

Doing putty work in the bottom of the fuselage now.  Still trying to get the right color fuselage, Dark Ghost  Grey feels too dark to me. US Navy grey primer from Vallejo looks the closest according to photos im looking at in the seahawk book.

20190524_171035_zpss8py5jce.jpg

20190524_171425_zpsavv0i2mu.jpg

20190524_171602_zpsxx1zplkq.jpg

20190524_171047_zpsksbzjctl.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Oliver, sorry, but I think it is not correct enough. Angles and fixing points incorrect, I think. Of course, you can do as you wish, but... If you can wait around 12 hours, I can try to make a drawing for you to explain. Here is 4 am, need to sleep a little. 

53 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

i am gonna leave it like that, I made a mistake .Thanks again for the photos. 

Not at all! As you wish. If you change your mind, let me know. I'm sure there's no too much work to remake that supports.