Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Will deal with small gaps with Perfect Putty and add PE and nose antennas last.

SO, when thats done i can start on the last item: "Folding the tail" then its painting time. 

20190605_114555_zpsb25szmvc.jpg

20190605_114840_zpsub9mhx6c.jpg

20190605_114825_zpsxox8iq0y.jpg

20190605_120156_zpss57r7exn.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

I love how you take something like a poor fitting part with a gap and turn it into something that looks factory installed.  Your scratch building is masterful.  Thanks for the inspiration and tips.  

Todd

5 hours ago, Tgoetz said:

I love how you take something like a poor fitting part with a gap and turn it into something that looks factory installed.  Your scratch building is masterful.  Thanks for the inspiration and tips.  

Todd

5 hours ago, Tgoetz said:

Todd

The gap in the nose is a joke, i wasn't sure i wanted to putty all of it since sanding would have been a bit of a challenge. Building a frame was the best answer(at least for me). I am in process of framing the nose cowling since I lost all the details reshaping the nose.  thanks for the comments.

20190605_183454_zpszl1mxl6g.jpg

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman
3 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

You make even bad models look good. How you gonna tackle the gap at the bottom of the chin windows?

Tim

I have no idea..may leave it. Its painted black so may dissapear once glass part is on..

Started on the tail today. Had to insert a brass rod to make sure its strong enough to hold tail, rotor and stabilizer.  This is the begining of the end. Next are the clear parts and painting fuselage.

20190609_152716_zpsloy6ol1r.jpg

20190609_140044_zpskq2g96w7.jpg

20190609_140351_zpsseiipcne.jpg

20190609_134827_zpsgxbjltnu.jpg

20190609_153957_zpsudqpeq1g.jpg

20190609_153806_zpsvna46gvq.jpg

20190609_153754_zpsfvlhtgen.jpg

20190609_152740_zpskvwaht3t.jpg

20190609_152810_zpscrpyj7jq.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
2 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

I did not paint the figures. One of the top Spanish figure painter did them for me.

Oh, I see... Thanks! I just received my Chinese copies of bravo6 helo crew for my uh-1, so wanted to ask about "right" paint. Your figures are top notch! 

2 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

Oh, I see... Thanks! I just received my Chinese copies of bravo6 helo crew for my uh-1, so wanted to ask about "right" paint. Your figures are top notch! 

I wish i could help you with  the figures. I am trying to teach myself how to paint them  right now...no so pretty.  Can u post your figures you just got, I am sure you are familiar with reedoak figures. top notch in my book.

Working on dealing the seahawk folding tail today, will post photos later.

Oliver

You already helped a lot, Oliver. Believe me. I'm trying to, but always unsatisfied by result. Just ordered tons of paints by ammo Mig for 300$, hope it worth it. Want to try to paint figures with acrylic and retarder. Later will post result in my topic. About my bravo6, I'm chilling at the sea now, so maybe tomorrow I can make detailed photos of the figures with professional camera, hope you can see details. As for me, figures looks just great. Can't compare with original ones, but I can't say I'm not satisfied. Of course they need to be sanded a little bit, but I'm sure as an original ones should too. I've heard about reedoak, but never saw them. 

Edited by L-GREECO

It looks ok, but the way you have built it, the tail would not fold.  The dark rectangles and squares at the ends of the cable and to the right and left of the central hinge on the control cables are open spaces.  This allows those pieces to retract into them so the two bulkheads can come together without any obstructions.

DSCN0804.JPG

img_0745.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

It looks ok, but the way you have built it, the tail would not fold.  The dark rectangles and squares at the ends of the cable and to the right and left of the central hinge on the control cables are open spaces.  This allows those pieces to retract into them so the two bulkheads can come together without any obstructions.

DSCN0804.JPG

img_0745.jpg

Gino, you know its a model and i am not planing to close the tail, its a static display. I do agree with you that it should be open but let me quote for a minute "good enough for me". 

Oliver

I know it is a static display model, and we have had this discussion before.  I just don't understand how you can put so much great scratch work into it and not portray it accurately.  To each their own though.

Edited by HeavyArty
53 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

I know it is a static display model, and we have had this discussion before.  I just don't understand how you can put so much great scratch work into it and not portray it accurately.  To each their own though.

Thanks for your input Gino.