Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

100 Pages for this thread !!!

And nearly 5 years from the first post?!?  Good grief man.  It's time to wrap this up!

Oliver, your work is STUPENDOUS.  The quality of your detail and scratch building are best of the best.  Let's "Git'er done!"

C2j

20190731_183238_zps7qazmeie.jpg

Its so close i can taste it. 5 years indeed. 100 pages. I need to start writing the article to go with the photos. I am doing something different. I primed in grey and sanded smooth all the pieces and fuselage after primer. I am adding  a light coat of the US Navy grey which i sanded smooth  then its highlights and finally preshading in flat brown. I will apply the final coats in 3 sessions ( 3 days) then decal time and wash. This is a longer process, the reason is i want my paint job to be as smooth as possible.  Clear parts are next. 

Edited by Rotorman

The gap in the windshield was a joke to fix. I tried Perfect Plastic Putty to deal with the seam ar the bottom but it looked awful...it may have leaked under the masks therefore creating bigger later(hope not). I ended gluing a strip in front of it. 

20190805_165829_zpsizt3vonj.jpg

20190805_164838_zpsmlpxt384.jpg

20190805_140407_zpsgisirduc.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
8 hours ago, SeakingPilot said:

It never gets easier when the end is in sight, does it? I think your solution with the strip looks good & realistic to me (assuming it's the 1st photo that shows the strip at the bottom of the window). Keep up the great work, we're nearly there! 

yes first photo.  I am amazed how poorly those clear parts have produced. 

I just got my Scorpions decals from Germany. WOW, they rock, great quality.  I got  them in 1/48 and 1/35 scale.  Thanks to Heli Scale Quality for providing them.  

Oliver

20190813_193333_zpsgvg4wqiu.jpg

20190813_193359_zpsc8d0hkcp.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

It appears that KittyHawk is in need of inspiration from modelers lately.

If this isn't copying my build i dont know what is?

Even the gun i designed is the same. So many other options for the S. The sonar rig and sonar torpedo would have been a better thing to copy.

69110783_2395950427330235_20998015953896

6 hours ago, Rotorman said:

It appears that KittyHawk is in need of inspiration from modelers lately.

If this isn't copying my build i dont know what is?

Even the gun i designed is the same. So many other options for the S. The sonar rig and sonar torpedo would have been a better thing to copy.

69110783_2395950427330235_20998015953896

BWAHAHAHAHAHA are you serious? The MH-60S has been in service for years in multiple configurations that have been thoroughly documented...several of which shown in the picture will probably be available in different issues of the coming kit. I *highly* doubt Kitty Hawk said "hey, let's copy this random nobody's model build" when there are tons of actual legitimate and accurate references out there...such as...um...the real helicopter? If they truly *copied* your build they would have put the FLIR turret on the wrong side too lol. Just a *wee* bit full of ourselves aren't we 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, wakko807 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA are you serious? The MH-60S has been in service for years in multiple configurations that have been thoroughly documented...several of which shown in the picture will probably be available in different issues of the coming kit. I *highly* doubt Kitty Hawk said "hey, let's copy this random nobody's model build" when there are tons of actual legitimate and accurate references out there...such as...um...the real helicopter? If they truly *copied* your build they would have put the FLIR turret on the wrong side too lol. Just a *wee* bit full of ourselves aren't we 🤣🤣🤣

Yep u missed something.

3 hours ago, wakko807 said:

Who's, "we"?  I don't recall this discussion being about any design that was put out there other than mine. It was just confirmed that my design was given to Kitty Hawk. That being said, I guess I can be as "full of myself" on My "nobody model build" as I want to be. I am not that way, and it's nothing less then crass bullying to make such statements. Sometimes it's better not be so anxious to jump on other people without knowing any facts.  As far as the FLIR  turret goes I have a picture of it on both sides so mine is right as well.  Your tone is far more aggressive and dismissive than should be necessary here. What a shame.  

Oliver

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

Who's, "we"?  I don't recall this discussion being about any design that was put out there other than mine. It was just confirmed that my design was given to Kitty Hawk. That being said, I guess I can be as "full of myself" on My "nobody model build" as I want to be. I am not that way, and it's nothing less then crass bullying to make such statements. Sometimes it's better not be so anxious to jump on other people without knowing any facts.  As far as the FLIR  turret goes I have a picture of it on both sides so mine is right as well.  Your tone is far more aggressive and dismissive than should be necessary here. What a shame.  

Oliver

The top mounted FLIR is correct for the SH-60B, MH-60R, and HH-60H...not the MH-60S. So "right" is a point of view. But I digress.

So let me get this straight...you gave them your design...and now you're pissed they copied it? What did you think was going to happen? That's just naive and hilarious. Good luck with that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

< smileys for upbeat tone >

So you sold/gave your gun design to a company for them to sell and that company is also one of Kitty Hawk's main designers.  Now you are surprised that the gun will be included in a future Kitty Hawk release?  Really???   I'm with wakko807 on this one.

Edited by HeavyArty
8 hours ago, wakko807 said:

The top mounted FLIR is correct for the SH-60B, MH-60R, and HH-60H...not the MH-60S. So "right" is a point of view. But I digress.

So let me get this straight...you gave them your design...and now you're pissed they copied it? What did you think was going to happen? That's just naive and hilarious. Good luck with that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

it was given without me knowing.

1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

So you sold/gave your gun design to a company for them to sell and that company is also one of Kitty Hawk's main designers.  Now you are surprised that the gun will be included in a future Kitty Hawk release?  Really???   I'm with wakko807 on this one.

1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

Of course you would step into this discussion.  Have at it my friend. 

8 hours ago, wakko807 said:

the Flir will be at the bottom, My build is not done so take a take seat and chill.