Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

37 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

it was given without me knowing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

the Flir will be at the bottom, My build is not done so take a take seat and chill. 

I actually really don't care. I just find the seesaw between "I build for me and don't care about accuracy" and then changing stuff that's wrong when people call you out on it entertaining as all hell 🤣

26 minutes ago, wakko807 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually really don't care. I just find the seesaw between "I build for me and don't care about accuracy" and then changing stuff that's wrong when people call you out on it entertaining as all hell 🤣

Bless your heart.

1 hour ago, norbert said:

Les chiens aboient et la caravane passe, Keep your own modelling style Oliver, we like it as it 

Les pauvres cons resterons toujours cons. ca ne changera jamais .

Not planning to change anything  the way i do things.

If you aloud me Oliver I'd like to share a thought... is really sad to realize this "thing" happens everywhere, I thought it was a third world thing, I live in Guatemala a poor country with lots of ignorance, One just have to get off the box by a tiny bit, to be drawn back in, One just have to be good at something and everybody tries to drop their hammers on them, that's for real life instances, but in modelling is almost the same or even worst! if one does something really nice, gets cursed and everybody starts looking for flaws and they are just nost able to see the effort and/or beauty in it!

What is wrong people!? This build is not 100% accurate, so what? it has a lot of work and a lot of nice things going on and that's the whole purpose of this hobby I don't see Oliver around hammering people cause they don't do the things the way he does! what I do see is Gino stepping in every chance he thinks he has, to point out inaccuracies, even tho Oliver has stated many times, he just doesn't care! can't you guys deal with that!? I've never seen Oliver hammering Gino over his shitty paint jobs! EVER! he only mentioned ONCE! and now we have this guy jumping in for the first time just to critizice! not the model but a comment! come on!

Do you really like to look like us? ...third world mediocre people?

oliver you don't have to be told to keep up the good job, you are just gonna keep going! I just wouldn't like you to keep it for yourself to avoid these cons!

Sorry to put more dirt on this awesome thread but some guys just suck! and I had to say it!

2 hours ago, kike said:

If you aloud me Oliver I'd like to share a thought... is really sad to realize this "thing" happens everywhere, I thought it was a third world thing, I live in Guatemala a poor country with lots of ignorance, One just have to get off the box by a tiny bit, to be drawn back in, One just have to be good at something and everybody tries to drop their hammers on them, that's for real life instances, but in modelling is almost the same or even worst! if one does something really nice, gets cursed and everybody starts looking for flaws and they are just nost able to see the effort and/or beauty in it!

What is wrong people!? This build is not 100% accurate, so what? it has a lot of work and a lot of nice things going on and that's the whole purpose of this hobby I don't see Oliver around hammering people cause they don't do the things the way he does! what I do see is Gino stepping in every chance he thinks he has, to point out inaccuracies, even tho Oliver has stated many times, he just doesn't care! can't you guys deal with that!? I've never seen Oliver hammering Gino over his shitty paint jobs! EVER! he only mentioned ONCE! and now we have this guy jumping in for the first time just to critizice! not the model but a comment! come on!

Do you really like to look like us? ...third world mediocre people?

oliver you don't have to be told to keep up the good job, you are just gonna keep going! I just wouldn't like you to keep it for yourself to avoid these cons!

Sorry to put more dirt on this awesome thread but some guys just suck! and I had to say it!

Kike,

Thanks for taking the time to speak your mind and your share your views.

I am amazed that people who criticize other modelers  regarding of the subject or scale are often the ones that dont build very much and are afraid of new ideas, kind of a narrow minded attitude in my opinion.  If they would spend as much time working on their modeling skills as they do criticizing others I am sure we would see some amazing progress from them.  I dont know WAAKo007 but looking back few years I have heard his song before and it goes nowhere, i would love to see his projects so I can comment on them but  as i expected, he is all bark and no show, typical armchair quarterback modeler.  Gino has helped me in the past with research photos and I do thank him for that, but as far as his comments are concerned, Gino is Gino, you have to take him with a grain of salt.

I have been down this road before and yes it gets old at times but the joy of modeling and sharing ideas with other modelers,  keeps me going daily. A model is a modelers creation no matter the color, style, subject or building practice, accuracy or not. The conversation between Accuracy and What if builds will never end so keep building on how u envisioned it. No-one  can  take away your vision, ever.

Oliver

Kike, 

I'm all for people expressing their opinions.  Based on what you have posted, what makes you any better than any other poster?  You are doing exactly what you are chastising for.  You call my work shitty.  So be it, doesn't bother me, but you are a hypocrite for what you post.  So If I had just said it is awesome and the best build I have ever seen, all would be good?  Why have an opinion at all if it has to be complimentary or you are jumped on by some who feel one cannot offer constructive criticism.  Maybe you should look at yourself before you tell others they are wrong.

As to Oliver's build, I have told him many time that he does amazing scratch work, I just don't see why he doesn't build accurately.  He knows that and we have a respectible love-hate relationship over it.  He gets past it as I do. 

What I don't get is why others who are not directly involved get so worked up over it.  Worry about yourself and stop thinking people need help to deal with minor things said to them on a modeling website.

Edited by HeavyArty
1 hour ago, AndrewPerren said:

Hey Oliver are you planning anything special for the wheels? All that gear on board has to weigh a lot. Looking great by the way. 👍

Andrew, I got the 3D wheels from Shapeways and I debating installing a rod in either in the wheels or in the wheel support itself.  

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

I have lost all my research photos on the sonar rig attached to the side of my helo(it lowers the torpedo \/somar), I cant even remember the name of it. Help.

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/amns

Archerfish Airborne mine neutralisation system.

28 minutes ago, UH-1Mad said:

Nice, can you explain what you mean by modulation technique?

I am still learning how to do it right. Heres what i am trying to achieve.

20190818_170840_zpsvnvsn2r9.jpg

20190818_171038_zpsum7r8kou.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
On 5/27/2019 at 1:27 PM, L-GREECO said:

I guess, it comes from color modulation techniques. Here's interesting video about modulation from AMMO MIG. Maybe you can find something useful in it. Video with Russian language overlay, can't find on English only. 

Hey guys! 

I gave the video a few pages back.  It may be helpful to you. Take a look. 

And here is another modulation technique, with oil paints. I've tried oil paints on my figures and it's give really nice results. It much more easier to create nessesary smooth gradients with oils than with acrylic paints. 

• 2 weeks later...