Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

2 hours ago, kike said:

In your opinnion is there a real noticeable difference in sizes or it would pass?

Well thats always a good argument or a point...Some folks are not bothered by the size difference and some are. You won't  know until you put it next to your helo or plane and then there is the issue of 1/35 scale versus 1/32  figures sitting in it.  I  personally needs to see the tractor first. 

Maybe someone is considering a 1/35 scale of this tractor....MMMmmm stay tuned.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SeakingPilot said:

Oh I like that Oliver, very non-standard! Love the aggressor scheme 👍

I like it too. If only i could find a photo of it on an aircrat carrier i would paint mine that way.

Edited by Rotorman
58 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

I like it too. If only i could find a photo of it on an aircrat carrier i would paint mine that way.

You won't.  They are Aggressor Squadron helos that simulate enemy aircraft (Hinds) for wargames at NAS Fallon, Nevada.  That is where the Naval Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun) in now located.  They generally do not leave NAS Fallon, esp for the fleet.

3 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

You won't.  They are Aggressor Squadron helos that simulate enemy aircraft (Hinds) for wargames at NAS Fallon, Nevada.  That is where the Naval Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun) in now located.  They generally do not leave NAS Fallon, esp for the fleet.

I see. Land based helos.

Cool camo.

2 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

I think your previous flat grey color was perfect to fit your dio. Flat gray or with red tail. That camos will blend your dio colors and will take too much attention from your great detail work.

I agree with you. Wont look on a deck.

52 minutes ago, kike said:

150308-N-TP834-073.jpg

https://navylive.dodlive.mil/2015/03/17/a-wee-bit-of-green-in-a-sea-of-navy-blue/

https://www.helis.com/database/cn/33926/

Maybe something like this, even tho it wasn't an amercan carrier. The pic was posted only for illustration purposes

Kike.

I did a study on that camo with my base and i was not sold on it. Several helo modelers here and on other sites commented on it and i agreed with them...it did not work.

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

Kike.

I did a study on that camo with my base and i was not sold on it. Several helo modelers here and on other sites commented on it and i agreed with them...it did not work.

Yeah I remember now! sorry! I'd stick with the scorpions scheme! that red tail is just amazing and I personally like colorful models!

Edited by kike

I'd have to agree it would look a bit odd on a carrier. Having said that, and I know I'm going to receive a lot of flak about this but don't give a toss, I'm planning on giving my F-14 model an aggressor scheme as well, but still keep the VF101 tail because I like the look of the Grim Reaper. My thinking behind it all is that the aircraft was lend out to the TopGun school, but when it returned, they only painted the tail section again because the squadron liked the Russian scheme and wanted to show their support to TopGun. Call it artistic license for all I care. Oh, and even though VF101 was never active on a carrier, my diorama will be involving one. 

8 hours ago, SeakingPilot said:

I'd have to agree it would look a bit odd on a carrier. Having said that, and I know I'm going to receive a lot of flak about this but don't give a toss, I'm planning on giving my F-14 model an aggressor scheme as well, but still keep the VF101 tail because I like the look of the Grim Reaper. My thinking behind it all is that the aircraft was lend out to the TopGun school, but when it returned, they only painted the tail section again because the squadron liked the Russian scheme and wanted to show their support to TopGun. Call it artistic license for all I care. Oh, and even though VF101 was never active on a carrier, my diorama will be involving one. 

My vote is  for artistic license. Cant wait to see it.

Just thoughts about that deck tractor. Did you think about to find some 3d model on the web, and print it with photopolimeric 3d printer? 

Something like this 

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/vehicle/military/trattore-a-s32a-navy-towing-tractor

6 usd  for model. And unknown usd for printing 🙂

Just thoughts... 

I have ordered anycubic photon s 3d printer from I am a spammer, please report this post.. 500 usd with 5 liters of resin. Didn't see results in real life, only on YouTube. But it seems the precision of printing almost equal 10000$ printers. I guess it will be good investment. Especially when I saw prices for that resin tractor, 40, 60, 100$. I think it is a crazy prices for that stuff. What do you think about it guys? 

1 hour ago, L-GREECO said:

Just thoughts about that deck tractor. Did you think about to find some 3d model on the web, and print it with photopolimeric 3d printer? 

Something like this 

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/vehicle/military/trattore-a-s32a-navy-towing-tractor

6 usd  for model. And unknown usd for printing 🙂

Just thoughts... 

I have ordered anycubic photon s 3d printer from I am a spammer, please report this post.. 500 usd with 5 liters of resin. Didn't see results in real life, only on YouTube. But it seems the precision of printing almost equal 10000$ printers. I guess it will be good investment. Especially when I saw prices for that resin tractor, 40, 60, 100$. I think it is a crazy prices for that stuff. What do you think about it guys? 

Akex,

U can get that same tractor from Verlinden for about 50 US Dollars. I am not sure  i understand your text, u got a 3D printer? to print what? the same tractor or something else?

I just read my post again and realized that it is some nonsense. Arcforums's text engine cutted my text and inserted this "I am a spammer, please report this post", because i have posted store name. Sorry for that.

I was talking about that tractor as example
Screenshot_20190912-084357_Facebook_zpse

The idea was to solve problem with missing offers on that tractor in 1/35  scale (Or other very desirable but absent models and scales on the market).

And i adviced to all of you to share your opinion about printing desired models with own 3d printers.

What do you think about to buy or free download ready 3d models of desired objects and printing them?

I have printed 2 cubic cm tiny model of m134 minigun (and some other tiny stuff) for my uh-1 a year ago, and i have paid for that around 25$.

Couple of days ago i wanted to print m60 machineguns, 7.62 ammo belts and 7.62 spent shells for uh-1, but that 3printer-guy dissapeared. That guy's printer cost around 10 000$. 

Here is my desired and missing stuff

Xr1IaYfxlqMxCzVMbEHdXFLkwqPKTexCGTBH1npZ

9A9O_ylAJYrUt07--WXECss1vdzQ0w8RvHFtV2PR

nE7eMZhFYb1oNiDvpCv3DDzoi98ejjVGTXHuQn64

So i ordered photopolimeric 3d printer and 5 liters of resin for less than 500$. I did not recieve it yet. But reviewers sais that it makes awesome quality prints. 

It can print with 0.1mm accuracy.

I think it will be more profitable and cheaper to pay one time 500$ for printer and resin and maybe 100$ (Many models are available for free) for desired 3d-models, than pay "50$ for one tractor" each time (just for example, In no case do I want to offend or downplay the importance of aftermarket manufacturers). Especially this appies  in cases where no one produces and sells the model on the required scale, like with that tractor in 1/35.

This is what I wanted to say.

Edited by L-GREECO