Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

On 9/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, L-GREECO said:

I just read my post again and realized that it is some nonsense. Arcforums's text engine cutted my text and inserted this "I am a spammer, please report this post", because i have posted store name. Sorry for that.

I was talking about that tractor as example
Screenshot_20190912-084357_Facebook_zpse

The idea was to solve problem with missing offers on that tractor in 1/35  scale (Or other very desirable but absent models and scales on the market).

And i adviced to all of you to share your opinion about printing desired models with own 3d printers.

What do you think about to buy or free download ready 3d models of desired objects and printing them?

I have printed 2 cubic cm tiny model of m134 minigun (and some other tiny stuff) for my uh-1 a year ago, and i have paid for that around 25$.

Couple of days ago i wanted to print m60 machineguns, 7.62 ammo belts and 7.62 spent shells for uh-1, but that 3printer-guy dissapeared. That guy's printer cost around 10 000$. 

Here is my desired and missing stuff

Xr1IaYfxlqMxCzVMbEHdXFLkwqPKTexCGTBH1npZ

9A9O_ylAJYrUt07--WXECss1vdzQ0w8RvHFtV2PR

nE7eMZhFYb1oNiDvpCv3DDzoi98ejjVGTXHuQn64

So i ordered photopolimeric 3d printer and 5 liters of resin for less than 500$. I did not recieve it yet. But reviewers sais that it makes awesome quality prints. 

It can print with 0.1mm accuracy.

I think it will be more profitable and cheaper to pay one time 500$ for printer and resin and maybe 100$ (Many models are available for free) for desired 3d-models, than pay "50$ for one tractor" each time (just for example, In no case do I want to offend or downplay the importance of aftermarket manufacturers). Especially this appies  in cases where no one produces and sells the model on the required scale, like with that tractor in 1/35.

This is what I wanted to say.

I just bought a Elegoo mars for $ 250.00 and am very impressed with it. I have already made a couple of instrument panels that look awesome. Wish I knew where to find some models like you posted above.

Brandon

On 10/2/2019 at 4:51 AM, Bravosierra001 said:

I just bought a Elegoo mars for $ 250.00 and am very impressed with it. I have already made a couple of instrument panels that look awesome. Wish I knew where to find some models like you posted above.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

There is a lot of free model on the web. Just google it. 

I took several free 3d models of m60 as a basis. And then remade them in 3ds max. Added an open cover of the shutter frame and all the mechanisms inside, and some small details such as rivets and screws. Ammo belts, cartridges, and spent shells i modeled by myself. In real there is nothing hard in 3d modeling. It just seems like only the choosen ones can do it. But is not.

I want to share with you one very good guy's youtube channel where he teaches 3d modeling in 3ds max. As for me, this is the best and understandable videos i've seen.

He easily creates stunning sophisticated models in 20 minutes. And when you see this, you realize that you can do the same thing. He is english speeking, and even me russian guy understand everything he says and do. There is hundreds of videos on his channel. Please don't think i want to advertise his channel. And forgive me Oliver for a lot of my spamming posts, but i just want to share with all of you some intresting and useful information that can be useful in our hobby. 

His channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSLLdTBwLMfTKWS56tOiQpw

And playlist for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxt9ZAGPLIpeB8TcHrpzxvEI4Ve3SfZBC

3 hours of pre-shading.

Next is back to hightlighs then some nato black in few areas to accent deeper shading.

I have decided yet how much weathering i will be doing since i have seen dirty and clean Seahawks.

20191005_144301_zpsqslcth8y.jpg

20191005_132520_zpsaftkohxb.jpg

20191005_132729_zps9tmt24w2.jpg

20191005_132512_zpsk6czg6ek.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Seaking.

Black would have been too strong. Brown will warm up the grey  and also match the undertone of the regular helo.

First thin coat main color.

Its about that time in the painting sequence to decide about the red tail...so afraid it may over power the dio.

20191006_090841_zpsmeuykipt.jpg

20191006_090638_zpsbdqawtyg.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Oliver,

With regard to the tail, how would you feel about a lightly faded/bleached effect, thus toning the "redness" down a bit? Wouldn't be too impossible with the aircraft parked on a carrier in the hot sun and ocean environment? Still think the tail would be a great addition to the diorama, breaks up all the grey tones you have. Just my 2 cents on the matter 🙃

ps. just realised you also have quite a bit of red in the rear section of your ground support vehicle, think the red tail would fit in pretty nicely along with it. 

Edited by SeakingPilot
forgot a bit of text

Oliver,

With regard to the tail, how would you feel about a lightly faded/bleached effect, thus toning the "redness" down a bit? Wouldn't be too impossible with the aircraft parked on a carrier in the hot sun and ocean environment? Still think the tail would be a great addition to the diorama, breaks up all the grey tones you have. Just my 2 cents on the matter 🙃

ps. just realised you also have quite a bit of red in the rear section of your ground support vehicle, think the red tail would fit in pretty nicely along with it. 

Yes my concern is with the red tractor..im afraid too much red

Hello from Downunder

Coming along nicely

Looking forward to seeing the final paint scheme

Still would like to know where to get the Tractor with the Tow Bar on it

Anyway keep up the GREAT work

Greg

yellow tractor and two wheels in front only white tractor from VErlinden. White tractor with US flag from PMWP

Thanks for the reply

Apologies again to ask

The Tractor is the A/S32A-32A Hangar Deck Vehicle which in your photograph is in the far back r/h corner with the tow bar connected

This is the one I'm and can't find in 1/32 and again asking which model is it and were to  get it

Greg

Thanks for the reply

Apologies again to ask

The Tractor is the A/S32A-32A Hangar Deck Vehicle which in your photograph is in the far back r/h corner with the tow bar connected

This is the one I'm and can't find in 1/32 and again asking which model is it and were to  get it

Greg

Greg

No problem. I cant recall  where i got it..been a few years. I did go on a search on various modeling websites..

The tow bar came from the accesories set froml from verlinden.. there is huge model show in Los Angeles October 12, if you want i will take a look for u. Cross your fingers maybe someone is selling one there and if so i will get it for u..

20191008_175347_zpsmosmxklm.jpg

Edited by Rotorman